No announcement yet.

Does anyone else worry about Pavlik?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else worry about Pavlik?

What with all the reports that he is drinking heavily etc, I dunno I worry that we're gonna hear some bad **** coming his way. I read on the place that talks boxing that he was drinking during training for the Martinez fight. I'm not his biggest fan but I hope he's ok.

He was drinking during training? What a moron.

Comment

I have a feeling he is a mentally weak fighter. His confidence has probably been shattered. I hope he's doing well.

after all...........Bernard Hopkins is not the end of the world.

Comment

Yeah I can see Kelly going off of the deep end, not as bad as Hatton though.

Comment

Whoever said boxing is 50% mental was on the money with that ****, because his frame of mind since losing to B-Hop has been less than stellar.

Now on to the other 50% (physical) I heard right after the Martinez fight he blew up to 192 pounds within two weeks.

Now if that's just hearsay then Kelly going off the deep end on drinking binges doesn't sound so far fetch.

Comment

Originally posted by -D33Pwaters- View Post
            I have a feeling he is a mentally weak fighter. His confidence has probably been shattered. I hope he's doing well.

after all...........Bernard Hopkins is not the end of the world.
            The executioner embarrassed him.

When have you ever heard an elite prize fighter with a winning streak like Pavlik saying "I'm losing", "I can't win", "We have to stop the fight" etc...He did it against B-Hop and even more against Martinez. I've never seen or heard him like that. When Taylor knocked him down and everyone thought he would finish him off he just stood up and smiled going to his corner saying "I'm OK, I'm alright".

I think you're right about Kelly being a mentally weak fighter. It's a shame cause he was beginning to catch up on Martinez until the 2nd cut occurred.
            Last edited by Main Source; 07-04-2010, 01:53 PM.

Comment

I think his career is over. He maybe get on HBO one more time but that will be pretty much it. He made a few million in the sport so he should be okay.

Comment

dude should get over his confidence issues and find a real trainer

beating jermain taylor made team pavlik think loew would be able to keep pavlik on that higher level but hopkins took a dump on that assumption

pavlik right now is a limited fighter with a lot of power, hes only 28 so he can still change his style up

doubt he was drinking during training at the pace this guy trains

Comment

Originally posted by Main Source View Post
                  The executioner embarrassed him.

When have you ever heard an elite prize fighter with a winning streak like Pavlik saying "I'm losing", "I can't win", "We have to stop the fight" etc...He did it against B-Hop and against Martinez. I've never seen or heard him like that. When Taylor knocked him down he just stood up and smiled going to his cornor saying "I'm OK, I'm alright".

I think you're right about Kelly being a mentally weak fighter. It's a shame cause he was beginning to catch up with Martinez until the 2nd cut occurred.
                  It's very hard to be mentally strong. I've got a perfect example in my avatar, but reaching that level is nearly impossible.

You may just shrug of a loss after a fight, but a 12 round humiliation suddenly eats away your confidence. It's very sad.

And then you have the mentally unstable ones (Zab Judah)...............
                  Last edited by Vadrigar.; 07-04-2010, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                    dude should get over his confidence issues and find a real trainer

beating jermain taylor made team pavlik think loew would be able to keep pavlik on that higher level but hopkins took a dump on that assumption

pavlik right now is a limited fighter with a lot of power, hes only 28 so he can still change his style up

doubt he was drinking during training at the pace this guy trains
                    I don't know, old habits die hard and he had weight issues before the Martinez fight and spent a lot of his time in bars one of which caused a minor bar room scrap.

Comment

Working...
                    X