No announcement yet.

Is there a future for prescott?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a future for prescott?

Me and a few other people werent that impressed last night, he needs a better trainer IMO to be a contender.

That and his defence is pretty poor

Originally posted by T.M.C View Post
    Me and a few other people werent that impressed last night, he needs a better trainer IMO to be a contender.

That and his defence is pretty poor
    Nah I thought he was good. Apart from two main flaws, his defence is generally ok. He has decent head movement and slips punches well. The main problems I noticed were, firstly, when he backs off he drops his guard and secondly (I think the commentator picked up on this), when he throws the uppercut, he drops his hand really low, leaving himself wide open for a left hook.

He's still got plenty of time to improve, but I definately see potential.

Comment

Toledo was a guy sent in for Prescott to look good against. Going 10 rounds in this case simply isn't good enough if you're known as a power puncher. I was kind of watching the fight from the distance as I was at a bar with some friends, so I wasnt completely tuned in, but I wasn't impressed.

Then again I did not have high expectations to begin with. I was looking for a reason to bet against Prescott last night until I found out he was in with a guy who got KO'd in four of 5 losses. Soto and Peterson handled this guy with ease too. Soto isn't even a Lightweight.

Comment

I like Prescott. He is still learning, he has flaws, but because of that he has a raw and exciting style.

I sincerely hope he has a future -- the guy has lived in poverty all his life and is trying to make life better for his family.

Best of luck to Breidis. He's one of the good guys.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

i been saying all along, he's not that great

Comment

I think he will be one hit wonder

Comment

Having raw talent and power is never a bad thing.

Comment

Well, from yesterday's fight...I seen that his stamina ain't good, he tends to turn his back, he is wide open and I began to wonder...Khan would beat the guy in a rematch

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
                  Well, from yesterday's fight...I seen that his stamina ain't good, he tends to turn his back, he is wide open and I began to wonder...Khan would beat the guy in a rematch
                  Yeah! At time he looks good slipping punches, then all of sudden he just drops his hands and turns his back!

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
                    Khan would beat the guy in a rematch
                    I don't think he would yet. That power of Prescott is truly something devastating (even though it's mostly all wildly swung haymakers).

If there was just one thing I was impressed with last night (even though I still don't like him), it's his power. I think he'd be dangerous at 140 or even 147 if he bulked up.

Comment

Working...
                    X