No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Steve Cunningham vs. Amir Mansour Early Results

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richardt View Post
    I'm surprised anyone would have picked Johnson to win.....seeing tapes on him he came forward which was perfect for Stevens to eventually nail and he did. George Foreman would have shook his head saying you don't follow a puncher and trade with them. The first 10 seconds I said to myself "Yep, he is going to get knocked out sometime between 1-10". I never had any doubt, even going into the 10th.
    I get what you're trying to say, but bro, no. 1 the stoppage was a bit premature, and Johnson was putting it on Stevenson all night. He was out-muscling him, outworking him and out-boxing him. Not to mention, he was buzzed in the early rounds and came back hard. Given those facts I really don't see how you could have been so sure of that, when Johnson was putting it on Stevenson throughout the fight.

Regardless, I think Johnson will go somewhere, this was only his 15th pro fight, and will continue to learn. He's got a deep amateur background and has an unorthodox and awkward style and is an offensive workhorse. And ironically despite this fight ending by stoppage, Johnson showed a damn solid chin.

Comment

This was a amazing fight with high skill level of various punches from different angles!! CURTIS did his thing but I really liked the Johnson kid abilities !!! Good luck to both fighters!!!

Comment

I refuse to read posts that don't even spell the fighter's name correctly or mix up the names. Get that **** right already.

Comment

I think it's a right call with the ref stopping it. Johnson was clearly hurt and didn't react until he regain his senses that took a couple of seconds. It's easy for us fans to say he isn't that hurt cause we're not the one who got hit square on the jaw. So yeah it's a good stoppage.

Comment

The ref cost me money, but I guess the kid´s health is worth more than my 20 e..

Comment

Originally posted by CTC JOHNNY View Post
              Dude Seriously ?? That Kid has a amazing fight game !!! This kid would beat the Blood out of Chavez jr @$$ !!! AMAZING FIGHT ###
              Amazing game against someone else, stupid against Stevenson. You do not beat Stevenson without a jab and by going right at him, it plays into Stevenson's wheelhouse, his power!

Comment

Mansour is putting a beating on Steve Cunningham, good fight so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
                  I get what you're trying to say, but bro, no. 1 the stoppage was a bit premature, and Johnson was putting it on Stevenson all night.
                  Fights are fought over a distance and it doesn't matter what Johnson was doing, his head spun like and riveted....not a single punch thrown, not a single punch blocked after that head-spinning shot.

Comment

I'm enjoying this main event, I don't think this fight will go the distance the way MANSOUR is throwing bombs, yes he's missing a lot but if one of those bombs land flush, night night Steve.

Comment

Mansour's punches are sooooo telegraphed.

Comment

Working...
                      X