No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Mares-Takashi Miura in Play For Mayweather Bill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Abner Mares-Takashi Miura in Play For Mayweather Bill

According to sources in Mexico, negotiations are ongoing for a match between Abner Mares (26-1, 14KOs) and WBC super featherweight champion Takashi Miura (27-2-2, 20KOs) of Japan. The match is reportedly eyed for the Floyd Mayweather Jr. card on May 3rd at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

Like I said... screw this. Miura/Uchiyama please

Comment

That's a tough fight. Abner doesn't know how to take an easy fight.

Comment

If both Takashi came over we could see some amazing bouts in 2014. Especially if Uchiyama decided to move up after unifying. He's one of my current favorites and I'd love to see him get tested before he retires. At 34 it's unlikely to happen, but a guy can dream.

Comment

Miura is no joke, Abner is addicted to taking on the most difficult tasks possible.

Comment

Weird he dipped the rematch

Comment

mares was probably put down in sparring and his handlers said "hell no, this kids chin is cracked"

Comment

Donaire vs. Mares is starting to look like a pretty good match up now more than ever...

Comment

Good tough fight for Mares but why isn't the rematch happening I thought Abner wanted an immediate rematch (at first)?

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                    mares was probably put down in sparring and his handlers said "hell no, this kids chin is cracked"
                    Yes, that's why they decided to fight one of the most dangerous guy at 130 instead...

Comment

Working...
                    X