No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO, K2 Unable To Work Out Deal For Golovkin-Adama

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    The good news for HBO – and boxing fans – is that Gennady Golovkin will remain a fixture on the network as the 2014 boxing season takes shape.

The bad news is, the on-air relationship will not resume until the spring.

HBO and K2 Promotions, Golovkin’s promoter have exhausted all efforts in attempting to secure air time for the unbeaten middleweight’s next ring appearance, a February 1 title defense in Monte Carlo versus Osumana Adama. The deal called for the fight to be carried live in a mid-afternoon special on HBO2, but ultimately fell through. [Click Here To Read More]
    This is actually good news. I didn't want to see this garbage fight anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      **** Monte Carlo...find another venue and put GGG on ASAP
      I'm guessing their fighting in Monte Carlo as an investment for an European audience? Setting up marketability on both sides of the Atlantic isn't a bad idea.

Comment

Viewers won't see GGG k.o. this bum in the 1st rd.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
          I'm guessing their fighting in Monte Carlo as an investment for an European audience? Setting up marketability on both sides of the Atlantic isn't a bad idea.
          GGG lives in Europe and it's supposed to maintain his presence in Europe.
          Only big one I see is against Chudinov in Russia

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            Ggg's fought on HBO 3 times last year for what Berto got to fight Freddy Hernandez
            I agree with rey guey point, any fight HBO makes means another fight won't be made. So its in boxing best interest that HBO makes the best fights, cause they will only have so many dates and them dates need to be made the most of.

Comment

Originally posted by youth View Post
              I agree with rey guey point, any fight HBO makes means another fight won't be made. So its in boxing best interest that HBO makes the best fights, cause they will only have so many dates and them dates need to be made the most of.
              I agree with that in general. However these HBO2 shows neither eat up a date, nor command a large license fee. Just like those Shiming shows, someone else is covering the purses. The production could get expensive if they don't pick up another feed, like here, not justified by the matchup. If Murray and Cleverly were still in, it'd be worthwhile.

Comment

Tom Loeffler ‏@TomLoeffler1 15h
                @tom7p @danrafaelespn @HBOboxing @gggboxing @BernieBahrmasel @boxnationtv supposed to be on Box Nation

So we at least know we can watch a stream

Comment

Working...
                X