Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBC's top 10 British fighters ever (Post War)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC's top 10 British fighters ever (Post War)

Check this out BBC's top 10 post war fighters, not a bad round up...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4107884.stm

No Calzaghe, no Eubank and Naz is way too high. I can't see how people can rank Naz so hgihly when he fought for less than half of his potential career.

I would have Conteh a lot higher as well. I wouldn't really argue with the rest.

Comment

I'd argue with Mcguigan.

you talk about Naz only fighting at the very top level for half his potential career, well mcguigan fought there about 4 times in all of his.

Comment

Originally posted by Jambo Boy View Post
        No Calzaghe, no Eubank and Naz is way too high. I can't see how people can rank Naz so hgihly when he fought for less than half of his potential career.

I would have Conteh a lot higher as well. I wouldn't really argue with the rest.
        The list is 3 years old so that could explain why Calzaghe isn't there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jambo Boy View Post

The BBC haven't got a scooby!

Comment

Originally posted by hammerhiem View Post
            I'd argue with Mcguigan.

you talk about Naz only fighting at the very top level for half his potential career, well mcguigan fought there about 4 times in all of his.
            You've got a point, I think he get's so much credit for what he did out of the ring. He unified Ireland at a time when the fighting was at it's worst. He was a great champ in this respect.

Comment

Yeh it isn't up to date. £100 per year for a TV licence to the BBC, and they can't update a measley top ten British Boxers post War. What the **** are they doing?

Comment

Working...
              X