should 3G's next move be to move up..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
    MW is a wasteland and hes 33 still fighting the Monroes of the world so YES
    And WTF is going on in 168? Other than overweight Ward it's a dead division too.

MW has Cotto and soon Canelo... two big stars who will get GGG recognition and money.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
      GGG's the only guy in boxing who can cherry pick while he waits for a big fight and gets a pass. Must be nice.

I think Canelo has the right idea... stay in one division, even if it's made up, beat up on anyone you want and just wait for a big fight to happen. It's working for GGG as well...

Cotto moves up to his 4th weightclass and challenges himself and he's the ducking diva, the world we live in now lol.
      Who's he cherrypicking? He's a middleweight who want's the historic belt and money that comes with Cotton or Canelo.

Ask Cotton to move down and stop holding that damn belt hostage if he doesn't want GGG.

Stop praying for Ward to save Cotton, they're in different divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
        And WTF is going on in 168? Other than overweight Ward it's a dead division too.

MW has Cotto and soon Canelo... two big stars who will get GGG recognition and money.
        Jack, direll, groves, froch, chavez, ward, degale, and others. But your right stuck around for Cotto who is not going to fight him and canelo that oscar said not for a few years.

Monroes and 500k forever for this 33 year old.

But hey its his career not mine.

Comment

Retire the diva Cotto then waits on Canelos doe

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
            Who's he cherrypicking? He's a middleweight who want's the historic belt and money that comes with Cotton or Canelo.

Ask Cotton to move down and stop holding that damn belt hostage if he doesn't want GGG.

Stop praying for Ward to save Cotton, they're in different divisions.
            GGG fluffer brigade of course he wants money fights, GGG doesn't bring money. The guy has been on HBO 2 years, no PPV and is still only putting in 10-12k in seats. That's great it really is, but you're talking about money right now... He is sticking around for the money right?

Cotto/Mayweather II
            Cotto/Canelo
            Cotto/GGG

Canelo/Mayweather II
            Canelo/Cotto
            Canelo/GGG

Looks like he's the last option for both guys, they're trying to get paid too. So if it's okay for GGG to wait around on a big money fight, the other guys can wait around for a big money fight too. GGG doesn't offer big money in fact, let me fix my list...

Cotto/Mayweather II
            Cotto/Canelo

Cotto/GGG

- -

Canelo/Mayweather II
            Canelo/Cotto

Canelo/GGG

He'll have to stay cherry picking no hopers and asking JMW to move up. But hey, he's trying to get paid.

Comment

Move up in competition, yes.

Comment

Jack, direll, groves, froch, chavez, ward, degale, and others. But your right stuck around for Cotto who is not going to fight him and canelo that oscar said not for a few years.

GGG made $1.5 Million, not including international fees, for the Monroe fight. I think he would be happy earning over $2 Million total per fight for 4 fights per year. Golovkin is a BOXER, a FIGHTER. He is not satisfied by sitting on his ass and fighting once or twice a year he lives in the ring. Once he unifies the titles, he won't have to go looking for opponents, they will be lining up to try and win his titles and GGG will be the only game in town.

Comment

Hes in a tough position. He's clearly staying at 160 hoping to get Cotto or Canelo. Cotto will never fight him and Canelo wont fight him anytime soon. By the time the Canelo fight happens if ever he'll be at least 35. Which fights is he going to take in the interim that are compelling? People say Lee, Lemeiux, Quillin, etc but none of those fights are all that likely either and even theyre made he's a heavy favorite. He's going to end up fighting Willie Monroes, Tureno Johnsons, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                    GGG made $1.5 Million, not including international fees, for the Monroe fight. I think he would be happy earning over $2 Million total per fight for 4 fights per year. Golovkin is a BOXER, a FIGHTER. He is not satisfied by sitting on his ass and fighting once or twice a year he lives in the ring. Once he unifies the titles, he won't have to go looking for opponents, they will be lining up to try and win his titles and GGG will be the only game in town.
                    His career not mine. I truly believe he is the goods but hasnt proved it. But you guys/girls think beating monroes of the world is good enough so enjoy the mismatches but dont talk when others do it too

Comment

Those guys aren't much.

Comment

Working...
                      X