No announcement yet.

Who wins hagler vs bhop prime vs prime mw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    Hopkins is 6-1, Hagler was 5-10. They may have the same reach, but Hop still has the advantage of range punching down as opposed to Hagler punching up.
    They don't have the same reach, Haglers reach is 76 and that height difference wouldn't make a discernible difference, you don't need to be a rocket science to see that. Hagler was a better boxer from the outside and that's what's important, Hopkins isn't outboxing Hagler.

Comment

• What does reach mean when your in close? Hagler giving some height away is to his benefit, it makes it easier to slip under and punch. Also Hagler in his prime had an excellant work rate he was capable of out hustling anyone he fought! He had the stronger resume and fought a variety of styles prior to getting to the top. Fighting Antuofermo alone is an experience in itself!
      Only Leonards athletizism got him by Hagler plus Marvin was not prime in that encounter neither was Leonard but Leonard in his prime gets KO'd by Hagler because Leonard was a 147lb welter and after running for 10 Hagler catches him betwenn 11 and 15! Ray

Comment

• Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
        They don't have the same reach, Haglers reach is 76 and that height difference wouldn't make a discernible difference, you don't need to be a rocket science to see that. Hagler was a better boxer from the outside and that's what's important, Hopkins isn't outboxing Hagler.
        If the fight stayed on the outside Hopkins would beat Hagler. He has a cagey defense and is at his best at range. I didn't say i'd pick a winner for certain. I am certain that if Hagler didn't set up camp in Hopkins chest, he'd run a risk of losing.

Comment

If the fight stayed on the outside Hopkins would beat Hagler. He has a cagey defense and is at his best at range. I didn't say i'd pick a winner for certain. I am certain that if Hagler didn't set up camp in Hopkins chest, he'd run a risk of losing.
          Which Hagler fights have you seen other than Leonard and Hearns?

Comment

Which Hagler fights have you seen other than Leonard and Hearns?
            Beginning with the Veto draw/ robbery in the 70's most since.

He's my favorite fighter of all times actually.

Comment

Beginning with the Veto draw/ robbery in the 70's most since.
              Okay so now I'm wondering what on earth makes you think Hopkins would outbox him...

Comment

Okay so now I'm wondering what on earth makes you think Hopkins would outbox him...
                Did I say that though??

Comment

• Smh.

Hey man. That guy doesn't know boxing if he thinks Hopkins would beat Ray. Smh. Leonard is a top five ATG. What is Hopkins? A HOF'mer at best. Hopkins biggest wins came against blown up welters in Tito and Hoya. If he was so good, why were the Taylor fights so comepetitve? Pavlik was a drunk and under-sized, Tarver was drained after making the Rocky movie, his twenty consecutive defenses were against? And he would beat Leonard? Wow. He's over-rated. He hugs and survives inside the ring. His work rate sucks and he simply isn't that good. Hagler would beat him and is the greatest middleweight of all-times and Leonard would beat him up for 12 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                  X