Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Believe........................................... .....

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
      you can't make a broad statement like that because it is simply untrue. I know plenty of people who have gone to the grave without them acknowledging a high being or deity.
      Being in a dangerous situation isn't the best example of this as people are prone to do irrational or out of character things when they are extremely scared or fearful for their lives. Having somthing comforting to fall back on isn't evidence of a supreme being it just makes them human.

And I am not denying the existence of Jesus. He is mentioned in other texts but like many things facts get turned into fiction or become exaggerated. Their are differences in their descriptions and veiws of him and also conflicting evidence. Herakles was known in both Greek, Roman, Egyptian and Persion texts as a son of a God and mortal woman even further back than Jesus so if one is beleivable and acceptable then why isn't the other?
      ok, so I will show you where my "broad statement", as you say, is indeed creditable and does have significance. here's a real simple one....most, not all, but most hardened criminals like the Son of Sam, didn't really follow God, says the Devil spoke to him through a 'dog' and did what he did, now years later, isolated from society, a killer "finds' comfort in Jesus. again, its a "LIFE ALTERING" event that made him convert. Want more?? ok, did you know that the late "Mr. Rogers" (RIP) from yeah, you guessed it, "Mr. Roger's Neighborhood", that cheerful little old man that read children stories, did you know that he was a sniper in Vietnam, with 38 confirmed kills. He always wore long sleeve shirts to cover his "tatoo's". Kind little old Mr Roger's was one bad ass Marine back in the day....again...'LIFE ALTERING' event. I could go and on dude, not every person gets thier calling,.....and as in life in gerneral, you will make a choice, God grants you that "privilage".

as for your question at the end of your post dude, did you know that Hercules killed his own Mom's? and that's ****ed up dude. you can't compare a rightous person with a coward. Not too many folks talk about Hercules cause he wacked his Mom's, that's all.

Comment

Life wont be fun, that's a promis.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
          Life wont be fun, that's a promis.

why not man?? it's what you do with it. We're all born the same, what happens after that it's up to you. Through the Military, I've crossed the Altantic Ocean 14x, watch the sun rise from 17 different countries, threw a couple grenades on a battle field, jumped 29x out a perfectly good Aircraft from 1,500ft, hung out with some fine babes up in Germany, did 120mph on the autobahn!! Dude....there's a whole world out there. Who ever said "it's a small world", they haven't been around the block, there's 7 continents, 7 Oceans....

Comment

Originally posted by guzi815 View Post
            why not man?? it's what you do with it. We're all born the same, what happens after that it's up to you. Through the Military, I've crossed the Altantic Ocean 14x, watch the sun rise from 17 different countries, threw a couple grenades on a battle field, jumped 29x out a perfectly good Aircraft from 1,500ft, hung out with some fine babes up in Germany, did 120mph on the autobahn!! Dude....there's a whole world out there. Who ever said "it's a small world", they haven't been around the block, there's 7 continents, 7 Oceans....

You are a great person my brother. U.S. Soliders are the finest on the planet.

But for me and many others, life wont be fun. It will be pain and solitude. God never said it would be fun, but you gotta do what you can for others.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
              U.S. Soliders are the finest on the planet.
              I'll second that!!!

Comment

I'm glad we have a BoxingScene priest, and I'm glad that just because we dont think the same way you think you have the right to tell me how my life is going to be played out.

I used to go to church, I used to pray, I used to go to a catholic school. Why you may ask, because I was forced to, so I gave myself the choice to not believe in a religion as I got older. That was my choice, and that was my path. You can't change that, and you never will be able to change that.

Comment

You have a right to make that choice. I hope you change your mind, but my goal is just to tell people what the bible says regarding how to be saved. I am not trying to force anything on anyone. Please don't take it that way. There are those who will accept it and those who won't. It is posted so that people can make that choice. I pray that you will choose Jesus Christ.

Comment

You have a right to make that choice. I hope you change your mind, but my goal is just to tell people what the bible says regarding how to be saved. I am not trying to force anything on anyone. Please don't take it that way. There are those who will accept it and those who won't. It is posted so that people can make that choice. I pray that you will choose Jesus Christ.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X