Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tennis Fans why is Federer considered Greatest when Nadal always beats him??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
    I too believe that based on the stats, Federer is the GOAT. But I'm not giving to him for losing to Nadal and Djokovic. All this stuff about courts and the humidity being wrong, and the wind blowing the wrong way takes the fun out of the game for me.

When commentators start talking about that, trying to predict the momentum shift that's unfolding life, I just wanna punch the TV to shut them up. All this pseudo-intellectualism in Tennis doesn't interest me much. I can go for it when talking Boxing (did they wear the right size gloves, was it catchweight or was it that weight, etc,.) but not on this one.

I see Djokovic as the # 1 right now. Why? Because the ranking said so and because he won 3 in a row. Is he the GOAT? No, and he won't be the GOAT until he surpasses Federer. And if he does: He is the GOAT no matter how he stacks up in abilities VS Federer (serving, volleying, etc,.).

I like simplicity.
    this..... and oh yeah... WAR HOPKINS!

Comment

I hate to say this but I personally believe Nadal is the better player.

Comment

Styles make fights. He just encountered the worst stylistic matchup for him in a rival before his career at the top was finished.

Comment

Working...
        X