Collapse
No announcement yet.

is wlad's power overated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So hard to asses power when you dont have to take their punches, but these arre big strong guys and they all hit hard. Some box better than others though and dont load up on their punches.

If Ernie shavers didnt have such bad intentions in every shot he threw he might have been a different type boxer. If he boxed a little bit more and sacrificed his power.

Comment

He never threw with full power because he couldn't predict where Haye's head would be.

Comment

I don't think his power is overrated. he really does have a hard punch. but vitali's power is vastly overrated...
        Last edited by MrTwain; 09-05-2011, 12:17 PM.

Comment

His strength is that he doesnt have a weak hand.His Left is almost as powerful as his right.

He has Good balanced power, but not ATG power.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheGreat View Post
            yes. i think Foreman's power is a little overrated because he was a come forward slugger, while Lewis was a consummate boxer puncher. Tyson's unreal speed at heavyweight made his power look extraordinary. considering Lewis size and accuracy, no doubt in my mind Lewis was a bigger puncher.
            Foreman to me hit much harder than Lewis and good way of measuring this way Holyfield. Lewis in 2 fight unloaded some of his biggest shots on a shot over the hill Holyfield but he undazed, but when Foreman hit him with just his Jabs he was rocked. I've seen Lewis unloading shots on guys like Bruno and Botha and they managed to last longer with Lewis than woth Tyson. Lewis had good power, but just cause he's bigger, dosen't mean he hit harder. How hard does Nikolai Valuev hit?

Comment

Working...
            X