Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falling out of love with your favorite team?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Falling out of love with your favorite team?

I absolutely love the Philadelphia Eagles. I can't imagine rooting for another team. Anyways. I fucking hate Mike Vick. Even before the dog fighting, flipping off the fans, caught with weed, etc etc etc stuff. I just never liked the guy. He is a good player, i always recognized that but I cannot stand him. I don't like run first quarterbacks. So you see my dilemma of my favorite team having a person I absolutely do not like at all what-so-ever as the face of the team. QB = Face.

Now, the media is suggesting that Plaxico fucking Burress would best fit in Philly. Is there any other possible way to make me not want to watch the Eagles anymore? Let's just sign all the guys I don't like. Next thing I know, Asante is traded to Ny for Bart Scott(didn't happen, just saying).

Not to mention the past 3-4 years, just about every eagle leader has been traded or released. Defense has a bunch of random ass dudes C+ dudes, outside of Samuel. Offense, we refuse to sign/draft big receivers and running backs. Andy fucking Reid trades McNabb to Redskins for nothing, because shit-stain Kolb was supposed to be the QB just to bench him because he sucks and start Vick who is by no means a better QB than McNabb.

I'm falling out of love with the Eagles but I couldn't possibly cheer for any other team. I tried thinking about different teams but I don't get any connection from them. Love Cutler, don't care about the bears. Love Big Ben, Hines, and Troy but Steelers are meh. Love Brady, but meh. No connection.

Do you see my Dilemma here? Has anyone felt like this before?

Never! I have a few favorite teams but I'll never lose my passion for them. I used to be one of those dudes that rooted for all my cities team but I lost passion in many sports, it has now become easier. I really only love a few teams, one being the university I go to and then the Detroit Tigers. Keep it simple, focus on them and it will be alright. It's like Boxing. I really only like two boxers(guys I will travel to see fight). The rest of the teams/fighters I just love to pick their flaws apart.

Comment

I've always disliked team, and player loyalty. Just the same I've always disliked having a particular fighter or other not team sport athlete.
      with football. I love the game. There are some teams and players who I make a point to watch more than others. Same with just about any sport. I think too much emphasis is put on personalities and teams. It limits a persons outlets for enjoying the game, or event.

Comment

I don't want to stop cheering for the Eagles but damn. They are killing me with choosing guys I dislike and the shoddy personnel moves.

I get what your saying kd. I don't let my favorite team cloud my enjoyment of the game. I am a huge fan of Cutler. I support Big Ben all day every day. McNabb is a skin but I still got love for him. So that isn't a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          I don't want to stop cheering for the Eagles but damn. They are killing me with choosing guys I dislike and the shoddy personnel moves.
          The way I look at it is like this. I've been a fan of this team for far longer than this player has played in the league or will be this team. It's just a small blip on the radar for being a lifetime fan. If the Tigers had a serial killer on their team, I'd just ignore it, root for the team to do well but not that player. No one player or a few player would ruin my lifetime alliance to a certain team. Players come, players go.

Comment

the Dodgers....big time...the franchise has become a joke

Comment

lol, I stopped being a Dodger fan when Piazza left. Been a Yankee fan ever since(Piazza went to the mets, lol).

Do you still go for the Dodgers though? I find myself disliking the eagles franchise but unable to root for any other team.

Comment

Hell no. I have been a 49ers fan since I was 5 or 6 years old. I liked to play as them on Techmo Superbowl, and started wanting to watch them on TV too. This really put me at odds with my dad, a hardcore fan of their rivals; Green Bay Packers.

It put us at odds, but watching them battle it out definitely made us closer when I was growing up. I will always support and watch the 49s, no matter how awful they are these days.

Comment

I'll never fall out of love with the Chargers, no matter how many times they choke.

Plus I'm a San Diego native. Been a Bolt fan for as long as I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    I absolutely love the Philadelphia Eagles. I can't imagine rooting for another team. Anyways. I fucking hate Mike Vick. Even before the dog fighting, flipping off the fans, caught with weed, etc etc etc stuff. I just never liked the guy. He is a good player, i always recognized that but I cannot stand him. I don't like run first quarterbacks. So you see my dilemma of my favorite team having a person I absolutely do not like at all what-so-ever as the face of the team. QB = Face.

Now, the media is suggesting that Plaxico fucking Burress would best fit in Philly. Is there any other possible way to make me not want to watch the Eagles anymore? Let's just sign all the guys I don't like. Next thing I know, Asante is traded to Ny for Bart Scott(didn't happen, just saying).

Not to mention the past 3-4 years, just about every eagle leader has been traded or released. Defense has a bunch of random ass dudes C+ dudes, outside of Samuel. Offense, we refuse to sign/draft big receivers and running backs. Andy fucking Reid trades McNabb to Redskins for nothing, because shit-stain Kolb was supposed to be the QB just to bench him because he sucks and start Vick who is by no means a better QB than McNabb.

I'm falling out of love with the Eagles but I couldn't possibly cheer for any other team. I tried thinking about different teams but I don't get any connection from them. Love Cutler, don't care about the bears. Love Big Ben, Hines, and Troy but Steelers are meh. Love Brady, but meh. No connection.

Do you see my Dilemma here? Has anyone felt like this before?
                    I'am a huge Eagles fan too, was born in Philly and follow all Philly sports my whole life. I dont necessarily like the players the Eagles have right now as people but they sure are exciting. The whole Mcnabb era of the Eagles was nice cause they were consistently good but they could get so boring at times. Like every once in a while there would be a game where Mcnabb just played like garbage, or the defense did, or the coaches sucked. Now with all these young guys I never know what to expect. I'm glad Reid decided to change up the team rather then go through the same thing every year.

The defense is obviously an issue they need a good cb opposite of Samuels, and they NEED some big enforcer on the defense; all of the safeties and linebackers are undersized.

As for switching teams could never imagine doing that. I mean I could say I decided to watch a new team and buy the jerseys but its hard to root for a team when its just you. Here I go to peoples houses and watch the game with 9 or 10 other Eagles fans. And even if I switched teams and that team ended up winning it would do nothing for me cause I have no connection to that city or team.

Comment

Working...
                    X