Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decided to watch the DeGale/Groves fight for the first time...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decided to watch the DeGale/Groves fight for the first time...

This is how I scored the fight:

1. DeGale
    2. Groves
    3. Groves
    4. Groves
    5. Groves
    6. DeGale
    7. DeGale
    8. DeGale
    9. DeGale
    10. Groves
    11. DeGale
    12. Groves (I was being a little generous)

Very close fight imo, draw would have been a lot fairer than a Groves win
    Last edited by Pugilist95; 04-11-2014, 11:00 AM.

Thing is, Groves has improved immensely since the first fight and degale hasn't at all.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Thing is, Groves has improved immensely since the first fight and degale hasn't at all.
      In what way has Groves improved immensely?

Comment

Groves definitely has your right. TS, if you skip to the Froch fight now he’ll look a lot quicker and more powerful comparatively. OK that’s against a slow Froch but still. He’s already surpassed what I thought might’ve been his glass ceiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          In what way has Groves improved immensely?
          For one his jab has become a potent weapon for him. It's clear that it has much more authority and power than it did in the first fight. He's become a lot stronger physically and his right hand is damaging - it wasn't at the time. This is not just based on the Froch fight - but his fights leading up to that. He's clearly grown as a fighter and so has his physical attributes.

I don't think DeGale can say the same, at least he hasn't had any outstanding performances in the ring.

Comment

For one his jab has become a potent weapon for him. It's clear that it has much more authority and power than it did in the first fight. He's become a lot stronger physically and his right hand is damaging - it wasn't at the time. This is not just based on the Froch fight - but his fights leading up to that. He's clearly grown as a fighter and so has his physical attributes.

I don't think DeGale can say the same, at least he hasn't had any outstanding performances in the ring.
            I agree, look at how they have faired since fighting each other.

Groves will sell out Wembley Stadium next month, last Month Degale was fighting in front of a few hundred at a Bristol Leisure Centre.

As far as potential goes, Groves is still improving and his fight with Froch will define him as a fighter (one way or another) Degale has shown very little improvement, i'd even go as far to say he has looked worse in his last 2-3 fights than he did against Groves.

If these two fought each other tomorrow I think Groves would win easily.

Comment

Working...
            X