Martin Murray willing to fight Froch at 168lbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Murray willing to fight Froch at 168lbs

Martin Murray: I’ll step up to fight Carl Froch

Martin Murray says he’s more than happy to move up a weight division and face fellow Brit Carl Froch. The St Helens puncher is a career middleweight and has no problems scaling 160lbs, but he feels a clash with Froch is the kind of opportunity every boxer dreams of. Froch added the WBA super-middleweight crown to his IBF belt by defeating Mikkel Kesser at the O2 Arena in late May and rumours have been circulating about his next foe since. George Groves and James DeGale have both been quick to call the Nottingham man out, but Murray believes he should head the queue of potential domestic opponents because he has greater experience on the world stage.

I can do middleweight comfortably and that’s still the weight I want to fight at, but a Froch fight is one I’d be more than open to,” Murray, 30, said. “I believe styles make fights and I think me and Carl Froch would put on an absolute war. If Carl is going to fight another British fighter then I don’t see why name isn’t in the mix. It makes sense from the American TV side of things with me now being known on HBO after the Martinez fight. “There’s obviously George Groves and James DeGale, but they’re not yet proven at world level. Even though I’ve been boxing at the weight below, I’ve shown that I belong up there with the elite fighters, which is what Carl is.
    http://www.*********.com/Boxing/mart...l-froch-208509

still not got no interest in this fight.

Comment

I like Murray, and while he has proven a lot more at the elite stage in comparision to his other domestic counterparts, i think he'd be too small at 168, and wouldn't bring anything Carl hasn't seen before.

Would be a fun fight though, and a cobra TKO after 9.

Comment

Murray should focus on Chavez Jnr, hope he doesn't win that fight to be robbed again like against Martinez.

Comment

Murray's likely to going to fight Golovkin but he'd make more money w/Froch. It would be a great fight too. A Nottingham bout.

Comment

Martin Murray ‏@MartinMurrayBox 43s
            Loads of talk about me fighting Carl Froch at the minute. What you saying @EddieHearn? #FightOfTheYear

Comment

Gruesome war? The same gruesome war you had vs Martinez? No thanks.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
              X