Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

READ, in this day of lesser athletes refusing pics and autographs...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good article Ice, and I absolutely love the sig. True words could not have been spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
      He wouldnt sign his name on a piece of paper for you after having a great convo with you...and hes a great guy? I mean, you feel you had a good experience with him and thats cool and all but I can tell you several interactions with him by at least four friends of mine and each one pointed to the exact opposite of "great guy"...
      Some celebrities don't like giving out signatures, because the items often just end up on Ebay. They might feel cheapened, like their name is just a way to make money. A picture is more personal and is a guarantee that the fan really just wants the memory, not money.

Comment

Originally posted by Augustane View Post
        Some celebrities don't like giving out signatures, because the items often just end up on Ebay. They might feel cheapened, like their name is just a way to make money. A picture is more personal and is a guarantee that the fan really just wants the memory, not money.
        Maybe so, yeah...but Pea is rude, man...

Comment

Been to both the Pacquiao-Bradley conference and Pacquiao-Rios, and Pacquiao is what he shows...a gentleman. Bradley was real nice as well, but he wasnt well known then and might be different now due to criticism from fans.
          But anyway, Pac would always sign tons of pics as much as he could, signed my shirt and took a pic with my boy.

As for guys like Floyd, now Bradley, Mike in his day...i would agree with them to not go out of their way to sign fans autographs for all the racism they go through with some of those guys in attendance, then they go around and ask them for autographs

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
            Regardless of what state you were in? Have you ever been on drugs or knew any addicts or alcoholics? Then you would know that they are not the same person we know them as. I think Pernell is still on drugs these days, as there have been no updates on him and in the last interviews he's done, he's looked high. You can't imagine how you'd be if you've never been in that situation.
            he looked clear eyed to me that night. I dont care if he was high or not. yelling at someone for taking an extra split second to snap a picture is ridiculous. the guy is an a hole period and its his own damn fault for getting hooked on drugs anyway. I have no respect for that man as a person

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesfan View Post
              I met Lennox Lewis when I was visiting my friend in London. I went up to him and told him he was my favorite Black Fighter ever.

He laughed at that and asked me who was my favorite White fighter and I told him Frank Bruno(Lewis used to call him a British Uncle Tom) ... he laughed even more and gave me an autograph.

Lewis is a great dude.
              I also had a good experience with lewis. as ****y as he is,,,he did seem like a nice guy

Comment

Working...
              X