Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ellerbe on Mayweather/SHO Deal: This is Great for Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just glad he is going to fight again. I love to the hate the guy. I can't dispute his superior skills, but would love to see him get beat. I would be stunned if he actually fought six times. I have no problem with him fighting Guerrero. Maybe SHO and TMT can get creative in his fight selection. Maybe an online poll for his next opponent. They can pick the weight and fighters can toss their name in the mix if they are willing.

Comment

so does this guarantee floyd will be fighting relative bums so he doesn't have to pay them much money? How does this deal work out for his opponents?

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
        so does this guarantee floyd will be fighting relative bums so he doesn't have to pay them much money? How does this deal work out for his opponents?
        Considering before we heard about this deal he was rumored to be fighting RG/Canelo and so far nothing has changed. Those are 2 good fights especially if Canelo beats Trout convincingly.

Comment

Guerrero is a 5 time world champion in 3 weight classes. WTF are you talking about.....TROLL?

Comment

Originally posted by Zen_Fighter View Post
            I am just glad he is going to fight again. I love to the hate the guy. I can't dispute his superior skills, but would love to see him get beat. I would be stunned if he actually fought six times. I have no problem with him fighting Guerrero. Maybe SHO and TMT can get creative in his fight selection. Maybe an online poll for his next opponent. They can pick the weight and fighters can toss their name in the mix if they are willing.
            superior skills?? He has superior athleticism and reflexes, like Whitaker used to have. That is it. He fights once a year, for crying out loud! I don't care if he fights bums but if he fights at least three times a year, he can lose. We have surprises in boxing. Chavez lost in his 90th fight. Against a good but relatively unknown Randall.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
              Dude you're trolling every Floyd thread it's crazy. Take one of these and look out for Pac - JMM 10. It's on it's way.
              Was you trying to be funny? i hope not, because it was kinda lame. You want me to take a baby bottle and look out for Pac? HUH? That just doesnt make any sense.

Comment

@ HBO losing it's top fighter to Showtime....Floyd winning big in this game....power move!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                  @ HBO losing it's top fighter to Showtime....Floyd winning big in this game....power move!!
                  Whats he winning?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                    After years of seeing promoters like Don King and Bob Arum rape fighter after fighter after fighter, it's good to see the boxer in charge now and having the promoters and networks work for him. I hope other up and coming fighters take note and are able to take control of their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                      WTF??? WOW!

But Congrats to him I guess, not good for HBO though! I would love to see him fight on CBS Network at least once out of those 6 FIghts even if it is against a BUM it would be nice to see a Boxing Superstar fight on Network TV

So much for "DUCKING GUERRERO" is some people was suggesting last week

When was it, last year:

Floyd said "Who is Guerrero? ..... I'm not fighting that nobody"

This year:
                      Floyd said "I really wanted to fight Guerrero"

Comment

Working...
                      X