Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alex Ariza: Pacquiao Fought Cotto Injured!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was surprised Pacquiao wearing Knee Brace everyday at training / 24/7. Good thing it was not really that horrible

Comment

pacquiao is the real deal.. i also got knee problem.. no idea wat it is.. but i keep sparring but i fight more on the inside then i used too cuz alot of movement nd the knee pain starts agian.. but with all the distractions nd evrything id like to see how he would be agianst mayweather is 100 %

Comment

Nouns, subjects and verbs can also be confusing if you don't finish high school. I'm just not sure Floyd knows the difference.
        ouch!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
          Anybody who can take punches better than Paul Malignaggi is on steroids.
          Nobody can take a puncher better than Paulie but you gotta to think about numbers. In the Cotto/Malignaggi fight---Paulie took 169 power shots from Cotto. Against Pacquiao Cotto only landed 93. Big difference if you we're talking about damage being given.
          Last edited by rao007; 11-22-2009, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Pacquiao is just a beast.

He fought Morales for the third time with fever.

He suggested to Roach to go for the early ko so he can take a rest.

Comment

Originally posted by iHateThePacMan View Post
              Fawking unbelieveable, the guy trained for 3-5 weeks total, injureed his legs, camp feud/ distractions, went on numerous inteviews, had sex prior to the fight and partied for a week before the fight and smaller size in general .... and still won- imagine 100% pacquiao on mayweather? now that's a monster i would like to see
              And after the fight he sang at a victory concert.

lmao.

Comment

7,000 calories that's some serious eating for a smaller guy.

Comment

He didn't have immunizations when he was a child and he feels like that is why he is so strong. He grew up like that and that's what he believes."
                  Manny is scared of injections

Comment

Originally posted by MakeDamnSure View Post
                    When he first started saying that stuff, I didn't really address it because it was coming from Floyd," a clearly frustrated Ariza told me the other day on the telephone. "But things like that can start to snowball. I'm not saying this to be demeaning, but Floyd never finished high school and I'm not sure he knows the difference between steroids and supplements, which can be confusing. Nouns, subjects and verbs can also be confusing if you don't finish high school. I'm just not sure Floyd knows the difference.

"I don't give Manny any of that stuff. He's gone though his life without taking that."

Ariza said the only thing Pacquiao uses for his strength is hard work, a 7,000-calorie-a-day diet and approved supplements, which Ariza gives him.

"He does take supplements," Ariza said. "Absolutely, he has to. This couldn't be done without them. I'm talking about multi-vitamins, trace minerals. We take other supplements for his kidney and liver because Manny is on such a high-protein diet. I blend several different kinds of proteins. We do take those things without a doubt, but all of them -- all of them -- are perfectly legal. I make sure I stay with the same brands I have used for years to make sure there are no additives I'm unaware of. If we did anything wrong it would show up in Manny's urinalysis and I am completely in control of what goes into Manny. He knows everything he takes all comes from me and everything he puts into his body is my responsibility. I take it seriously."

Ariza also works with junior welterweight titlist Amir Khan and junior middleweight prospect Vanes Martirosyan. Ariza said he has them on the same program that Pacquiao is on.

"Manny is such a clean person," Ariza said. "He will not even take Advil. He had a knee problem after the Ricky Hatton [in May]. It was tender and swelled up and it took until a week before the fight [with Cotto] to get the swelling down. He wouldn't take an anti-inflammatory unless absolutely necessary. As long as I have known him, like when he separated his shoulder once, he wouldn't take anything."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...ame=rafael_dan

Ariza said during training camp for the Cotto fight in Baguio in the Philippines that Pacquiao was icing his knee three times a day and "I pleaded with him to just take the Advil for five days. He doesn't believe in it. He didn't have immunizations when he was a child and he feels like that is why he is so strong. He grew up like that and that's what he believes."

Ariza said getting Pacquiao just to take the supplements was a major accomplishment.

"I think Freddie will attest to it," Ariza said. "It was a huge step for Manny. He doesn't know a lot about those things, but over time he's grown confident in what I am giving him. We've passed every test there is. Manny takes nothing illegal. Mayweather can say whatever he wants.
                    Anyone with a brain already knew this. But thanks for posting, MDS.

FWIW, I have never had a single immunization either. I don't believe in it, and I was never forced by anyone to be immunized against anything. That's nothing to do with the thread, but anyway.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by Athrun340 View Post
                      Manny is scared of injections
                      He is wise. Nobody should go near them, especially for "swine flu".

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Working...
                      X