No announcement yet.

Who Will Win the Oscars This Year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walter White View Post
    Tarantino is no longer working on Kill Bill 3. He's working on the final installment of his "revisionist history" trilogy titled Killer Crow. As for True Romance, the director, Tony Scott, didn't ruin it. Tarantino obviously loves True Romance being that he does an audio commentary for the film on the Blu-ray and DVD (and the guy never does commentaries for his films). You're talking about Natural Born Killers when Tarantino lambasted what Oliver Stone did to his script.
    They ruined it when they casted Christian Slater, and when they changed the drug deal to go down on the roller coaster "to make it more exciting."

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
      Oscars are this Sunday I believe?
      THe main reason why I started this thread is cuz Django was the only flick I saw this year and wondered if anyone saw the nominated movies and if they thought they were any good?

but yeah Quentins movies are the truth! Hope he pumps one a year that be great.
      Here's what I thought of the best picture nominees:

Amour - Boring as hell. Haneke has done better, much better with Cache, The White Ribbon, and Funny Games.

Argo - Great film and Affleck's best work to date. Well acted, superbly written, and intense at the right moments. Shame that Affleck was snubbed for best director.

Beasts of the Southern Wild - Great directorial debut from Benh Zeitlin. Great children's film but still I found it to be a bit overrated.

Django Unchained - IMO the best film of the all the nominees. Not Quentin's best work and some scenes could have been slightly trimmed but it has a extraordinary script, wonderful acting from Waltz and DiCaprio, and some awesome action scenes.

Les Miserables - I fucking HATED this movie and this is coming from someone who enjoys the musical. I still can't believe that Tom Hooper won the best director Oscar over David Fincher two years ago, because he still can't direct for fucking shit. Who the fuck directs an epic musical mostly in close up? Oh yeah, Tom Hooper does and it may be the only film where I felt suffocated by its cinematography.

Life of Pi - IMO a bit overrated but goddamn is the cinematography so damn lush and the 3D is even better than the one in Avatar. The film has a damn great score as well.

Lincoln - To be honest, I was really bored by this film despite Daniel Day-Lewis truly awesome performance. Spielberg should start making summer movies again. BTW, the ending to this movie is TERRIBLE!

Silver Linings Playbook - It's a cliched drama/romcom but it's a great cliched drama romcom. Jennifer Lawrence is hot as hell and acts her ass off in this movie. Bradley Cooper acts like how Bradley Cooper in all his movies.

Zero Dark Thirty - IMO the 2nd best nominee here and it's a shame that Kathryn Bigelow was snubbed for best director. Jessica Chastain is another hottie on here that acts her ass off.

Comment

Here's what I thought of the best picture nominees:

Amour - Boring as hell. Haneke has done better, much better with Cache, The White Ribbon, and Funny Games.

Argo - Great film and Affleck's best work to date. Well acted, superbly written, and intense at the right moments. Shame that Affleck was snubbed for best director.

Beasts of the Southern Wild - Great directorial debut from Benh Zeitlin. Great children's film but still I found it to be a bit overrated.

Django Unchained - IMO the best film of the all the nominees. Not Quentin's best work and some scenes could have been slightly trimmed but it has a extraordinary script, wonderful acting from Waltz and DiCaprio, and some awesome action scenes.

Les Miserables - I fucking HATED this movie and this is coming from someone who enjoys the musical. I still can't believe that Tom Hooper won the best director Oscar over David Fincher two years ago, because he still can't direct for fucking shit. Who the fuck directs an epic musical mostly in close up? Oh yeah, Tom Hooper does and it may be the only film where I felt suffocated by its cinematography.

Life of Pi - IMO a bit overrated but goddamn is the cinematography so damn lush and the 3D is even better than the one in Avatar. The film has a damn great score as well.

Lincoln - To be honest, I was really bored by this film despite Daniel Day-Lewis truly awesome performance. Spielberg should start making summer movies again. BTW, the ending to this movie is TERRIBLE!

Silver Linings Playbook - It's a cliched drama/romcom but it's a great cliched drama romcom. Jennifer Lawrence is hot as hell and acts her ass off in this movie. Bradley Cooper acts like how Bradley Cooper in all his movies.

Zero Dark Thirty - IMO the 2nd best nominee here and it's a shame that Kathryn Bigelow was snubbed for best director. Jessica Chastain is another hottie on here that acts her ass off.
        Damn bro how the F did u find time to see all these movies? are you like a professional movie critic or something?

THanks tho this is exactly what I wanted to read.

I think the only flick nominated I'd be interested in even seeing would be Argo and Zero Dark Thirty.

PS: So Django is nominated? thats cool I assumed they snubbed him

Comment

I really liked Life of Pi...thought it was above everything.

Comment

andre dirrell

is that joke still funny? i'm just testing the waters.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              andre dirrell

is that joke still funny? i'm just testing the waters.

nah its still funny

Comment

Best Actor - Daniel Day-Lewis - Lincoln
                Best Actress - Emmanuelle Riva - Amour
                Best Supporting Actor - Tommy Lee Jones - Lincoln
                Best Supporting Actress - Anne Hathaway - Les Miserables
                Best Director - Ang Lee - Life of Pi
                Best Picture - Argo - Ben Affleck, George Clooney, Grant Heslov
                I agree with most of your choices except Argo for best picture. Its historically inaccurate propaganda. Its the Midnight Express of the 21st century.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
                  I agree with most of your choices except Argo for best picture. Its historically inaccurate propaganda. Its the Midnight Express of the 21st century.
                  They're not actually my choices. I should've typed that in. Those are the nominees who have the best odds at winning according to numerous Oscar articles and statistics.

Comment

Hopefully Django Unchained wins best picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Addition View Post
                      Hopefully Django Unchained wins best picture.
                      i would actually be quite surprised despite really enjoying it.

Comment

Working...
                      X