Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obayifo View Post
    See but that's where you're wrong.

Wlad's defense = complete garbage when he's not allowed to clinch

Ward and Floyd are natural defensive wizards, even without clinching.

Ward and Floyd also pose inside game, Wlad's inside game is composed of thin air, because it doesn't exist.
    LOL, if they're such wizards then why do they hold so much?

Comment

Anthony Dirrell did more holding against Jack on Friday than Wlad did and Ward holds as much or more than Wlad and NO points were ever taken away from them at all and NO warnings so why don't you complain about that. Mayweather holds when he wants to as well. Holding is against the rules and I don't like it but lots of fighters do it all the time and get away with it and that's just the way it is. Why single Wlad out when he is no worse than many others. Wlad got in some of his best punches and won the rounds after the point was taken from him. Jennings put up a very good fight so he might be the 2nd best heavyweight in the world. Jennings showed a great chin.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos View Post
        ^^^THIS^^^

All the crybabies here defend clinching when it's bhop, floyd or ward. I wonder what the difference is.......
        Differance is ali was the greatest boxer of all time according to most"not me" who clinched most out of everybody,he was a black American...switch bodies and klitchko would be an instant best boxer of all time...really not a race card but lets talk real talk...Ali WAS known as the greatest simply out odf delusion he was American and looking at another outsider who systematically breaks his opponents down is not realistic to the deluded boxing fans .Ali's biggest weapon for defense was clinching and pulling down on the head...real talk!

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          Differance is ali was the greatest boxer of all time according to most"not me" who clinched most out of everybody,he was a black American...switch bodies and klitchko would be an instant best boxer of all time...really not a race card but lets talk real talk...Ali WAS known as the greatest simply out odf delusion he was American and looking at another outsider who systematically breaks his opponents down is not realistic to the deluded boxing fans .Ali's biggest weapon for defense was clinching and pulling down on the head...real talk!
          Ali had amazing footwork and brilliant reflexes in his prime, he only really did that when his legs went.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Ali had amazing footwork and brilliant reflexes in his prime, he only really did that when his legs went.
            Not really Ali did that from opening bell to last,he did that because he lacked power.Wlad does literally everything better ,its subtle but hes so imposing he doesn't need to be fleet footed as much .Again delusion on here is obvious..."not you"...but most,and when I say deluded fans ,that is with topics so undebatable they will still argue.

Comment

Wlad's holing isn't comparable to anybody in boxing history, he uses his 240lb body, wrestles guys to the ground, leans his body on them tiring their body out. He grabs, does it at will, shows 0 inside fighting ability.

Saddest thing is he HAS to do it against C level competition.

Meanwhile I see guys like Ward actually have inside fighting, don't benefit nearly as much, he actually has a great defense, head movement, lateral movement. And he's facing ELITE guys, not some Leapais

Comment

wlad was a very mediocre fighter before he developed his cheating tactics. he will never be great because he should be dq'd in most of his fights. 187 clinches vs povetkin, 96 vs jennings, 44 in 4 rounds vs pulev. it's crap. everytime his opponent gets in position to throw a punch he just grabs them and leans on them so much that he walks across the ring with his body weight on them. having a 245 man putting all his weight on you probably would tire you out wouldn't it? he will never be great for the simple fact that he had to cheat to be "great" when he tried to play by the rules he hit the canvas a dozen times.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                  Wlad's holing isn't comparable to anybody in boxing history, he uses his 240lb body, wrestles guys to the ground, leans his body on them tiring their body out. He grabs, does it at will, shows 0 inside fighting ability.

Saddest thing is he HAS to do it against C level competition.

Meanwhile I see guys like Ward actually have inside fighting, don't benefit nearly as much, he actually has a great defense, head movement, lateral movement. And he's facing ELITE guys, not some Leapais
                  Well he does it excessively sometimes,he didn't tonight and won easily....C level competition?well I highly doubt anyone who is C level would be standing from any punch Wlad throws in the last few years.... a fighter like wlad is used to his own country nowadays ,it MAY have interfered,i know MSG is not exactly that place some can really 100% focus,either way he won....next!

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                    Well he does it excessively sometimes,he didn't tonight and won easily....C level competition?well I highly doubt anyone who is C level would be standing from any punch Wlad throws in the last few years.... a fighter like wlad is used to his own country nowadays ,it MAY have interfered,i know MSG is not exactly that place some can really 100% focus,either way he won....next!
                    96 clinches isn't excessive? f-uck off. 96 fouls should be a dq. wlad is a cheat. you love cheaters. say i love cheaters. say it!

Comment

I'm sorry, but if you watch Jennings arms when Vlad came in close he put his arms around Vlad's waist,he did not try and fight any clinches or holding off, he was equally willing to hold and let Vlad hold him. Usually I agree Vlad holds and normally should be deducted a point because his opponent most of the time is a victim of Vlad's holding. They try to fight out or push Vlad off. Jennings however, accepted and also reached out to hold Vlad just as much as Vlad tried to hold him. Every time Vlad got inside Jennings reached out to hug and put his arms around Vlad. Jennings rarely pushed Vlad away.

As for the ref he was way to one-sided, although you can to some extent excuse his warnings about holding, everything Vlad did the ref warned him over and over Whether it be pushing off or just Vlad using his jab. Now we know why Vlad never fights it the US.

Jennings is getting way to much credit for just running around the ring all night. He was just in it to go 12rds. He never threw a head shot and his body punches were half-hearted at best.

As for Vlad's trainer, Johnathon Banks, he needs to be fired. He gave Vlad horrible advice. He gave him advice as if it was he who was fighting Jennings. Telling Vlad to use his legs and box around the ring. As if Vlad is a mover like Mayweather. Giving a guy who is 6'6" 250lbs directions to dance around the ring. Jameel Mccline is a perfect example of what happens to a fighter who is above 6'5" and tries to dance around the ring using their legs like a featherweight.
                      Last edited by jdp28tx; 04-26-2015, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X