Collapse
No announcement yet.

Billy Bremner - Legend, HOF, ATG, GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Billy Bremner - Legend, HOF, ATG, GOAT?

This is a man who has a statue outside of Elland Road so he will forever be mentioned but obviously i have never ever seen him play and only heard stories but for a guy to be worshipped like a god and have a statue erected outside a club with their histories stadium it must say a lot, i want to know where does he compare to other greats like George Best, Nobby Styles, Allan Hansen and Jack Charlton etc.

He was a cornerstone in Leeds in the great years in the early seventies along with Peter Lorimer, Alan Clark, Jackie Charlton etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      He was a cornerstone in Leeds in the great years in the early seventies along with Peter Lorimer, Alan Clark, Jackie Charlton etc.
      C,mon Battles Johnny Giles deserves more than an etc

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
        C,mon Battles Johnny Giles deserves more than an etc
        The only reason that i am in doubt about these guys is because they used to bully referees and beat the **** out of opposing teams.

It's a shame though i admit they were great players but Bremner will always be famous for looking like a ***** when he used be known as a hard men LOL

Comment

I saw that Brian Clough film recently and obviously now i hate Billy Bremner....sorry.

Comment

Bite Yer Legs was more fun. And Franny Lee was the besterest

Comment

LOL BILLY BREMNER 'FOOTBALLS HARDEST MAN OF HIS ERA'

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                Bite Yer Legs was more fun. And Franny Lee was the besterest

Giles and Hunter were the part i heard.

Yeah i think the damned united was a good film but it was a personal attack on the original 'mourinho'.

Comment

Originally posted by venom1 View Post

LOL BILLY BREMNER 'FOOTBALLS HARDEST MAN OF HIS ERA'
                  One of my heroes there Mackay. Hard as nails and a fantastic player, dread to think how much he'd cost these days.

Comment

Originally posted by venom1 View Post
                    The only reason that i am in doubt about these guys is because they used to bully referees and beat the **** out of opposing teams.

It's a shame though i admit they were great players but Bremner will always be famous for looking like a ***** when he used be known as a hard men LOL
                    Wouldn't argue with you there, they were not a team you could warm to for sure. To be honest I think it used to go against them really, they were good enough to put 3 or 4 past the opposition rather than rely on 1 and time waste etc

Comment

Working...
                    X