Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How different is Manny Pacquiao to Mosley and Judah?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How different is Manny Pacquiao to Mosley and Judah?

Many say to Cottos defense that he has fought fast, quick fighters in the likes of these two.
    But although these were two good opponents I see some liabilities, disadvantages in them that Manny doesn't have.

So I like to know some of boxing fans thoughts in the many differences between these two fighters(Mosley,Judah) and Pac-Man.
    This will help some fans get a clearer view of what might take place come this Sat Nov. 14.

Originally posted by RinGhost_ View Post
    Many say to Cottos defense that he has fought fast, quick fighters in the likes of these two.
    But although these were two good opponents I see some liabilities, disadvantages in them that Manny doesn't have.

So I like to know some of boxing fans thoughts in the many differences between these two fighters(Mosley,Judah) and Pac-Man.
    This will help some fans get a clearer view of what might take place come this Sat Nov. 14.
    Mosley is much more of a straight forward brawler and didn't care about taking shots to land his own, which is why he was outboxed by Cotto.

Judah fails as fights go on, whereas Pac stays on you the whole time.

Comment

Well for starters, Mosley IMO hits harder than Pacquiao. The speed factor in both the Zab and Mosley fights were neutralized because Cotto was able to time them. Mosley said in the video posted today that Cotto's got deceptive speed. He does these little faints and sneaks in quick right hands when you least expect it. The thing Pacquiao has different from Mosley and Zab is his movement around the ring. But in order to hit Cotto you gotta engage. People have this idea that Pac can run in and out and not get hit. I think that's where people got it a bit twisted. Cotto's not going to be an open target for Pacquiao because Pac himself is gonna have to worry about the shots Cotto's going to land on him. Both Zab and Mosley were said to cause problems for Cotto, but he knows how to adapt. Pacquiao's never been in a position where he's fighting not only a bigger opponent at the level of Cotto's, but also a guy who know how to control the ring generalship which is a big factor.

It's crazy to me how many people have Pacquiao winning easily just off his speed, but I think a lot of people are going to be reminded once again why Cotto got to the top of the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
        Well for starters, Mosley IMO hits harder than Pacquiao. The speed factor in both the Zab and Mosley fights were neutralized because Cotto was able to time them. Mosley said in the video posted today that Cotto's got deceptive speed. He does these little faints and sneaks in quick right hands when you least expect it. The thing Pacquiao has different from Mosley and Zab is his movement around the ring. But in order to hit Cotto you gotta engage. People have this idea that Pac can run in and out and not get hit. I think that's where people got it a bit twisted. Cotto's not going to be an open target for Pacquiao because Pac himself is gonna have to worry about the shots Cotto's going to land on him. Both Zab and Mosley were said to cause problems for Cotto, but he knows how to adapt. Pacquiao's never been in a position where he's fighting not only a bigger opponent at the level of Cotto's, but also a guy who know how to control the ring generalship which is a big factor.

It's crazy to me how many people have Pacquiao winning easily just off his speed, but I think a lot of people are going to be reminded once again why Cotto got to the top of the division.
        You make some good points, but even though Pacquiao can't dance around all the time, because in some point he has to hit Cotto. He does have quicker hands and feet to the point he might hit Cotto and retreat.

I think Judah would've done better if he didn't plant his feet as much to hit Cotto. While Manny can hit Cotto while moving around. Perhaps he can't hit as hard this way, but its good enough for him to score some points.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post

Great post!!!!

Comment

Besides being an ATG, Pacquiao's punches comes from different angles. His stamina is the same from round 1 to 12.

Comment

There is a huge difference between Pac and Judah and Mosley. To start with Pac al lot harder to hit, he doesn't run in and out, he sticks and moves. Cotto like DLH wont be able to sit on his shots and by the time he gets hit Pac will be out of range. If Cotto thinks this fight will be anything like his fight with Mosley or Judah, he's in for a rude awakening.

Comment

Manny has really quick feet and great movement around the ring. I see him engaging as he darts in and out. But as has been noted, over and over.; timing can neutralize speed. This is something Cotto has and is more than evident from his Judah and Mosley match ups. Now, Pacman obviously has the better feet of both Mosley And Judah, but he can be timed just as well. The biggest difference between Pacman and Judah, Mosley is Manny's ability to punch for awkward angles. This is where Cotto need to be the most careful.

What I can see transpiring on Nov 14, is Manny winning the first one or two rounds with his speed and making Cotto go on the defensive. But, once Cotto get his sense of timing on Pacman; we'll start to see Pacman neutralized.
                Last edited by p4p-champ; 11-09-2009, 01:19 PM.

Comment

i agree with this post. come the 14th PR is comming off with the win.

Comment

Pacquiao is totally different to Mosley and Judah. Judah throws mainly single shots and then he has a massive brain fart after 4 rounds or so, then starts whacking you in the balls to try and gain an advantage. Good speed, but he doesn't make the best of it.

Pacquiao, on the other hand, throws way more combos and gets stronger towards the end of the fight. You will never see him fade like Judah does or get on his bike like Cotto does.

Mosley is good but inconsistent -- he should not have even let it get to the late rounds against Mayorga. On the other hand, he looked great against Marg recently.

Manny is a level above these guys.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Working...
                    X