Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andrade Confident: I'd Knock Canelo Alvarez Out, I'd Stop Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
    Ángulo quit in the Lara fight. Dat Mexican warrior doe.
    Am I the only one who saw Angulo's forehead swell up like a football???

June 10, 2013:

Angulo (22-3, 18 KOs) dropped Lara twice in the bout, but was down on two of the three official scorecards at the time of the stoppage – 1:50 of the 10th round.

The 30-year-old Mexican was taken to Harbor-UCLA Medical Center immediately after the fight on the advice of the ringside plastic surgeon and was discharged at 3 a.m. Pacific, Angulo's co-manager Michael Miller told USA TODAY Sports on Sunday.

Inexplicably, Angulo didn't receive an X-ray or an MRI at the hospital. It was ruled he didn't suffer any fractures or breaks.

Miller isn't satisfied and says Angulo will visit an ophthalmologist probably Monday.

"The plastic surgeon at ringside said he thought that not only was it broken, he thought it might be shattered in pieces," Miller said. "What happened to him at UCLA seems to be just a big waste of time. Nobody really checked him out.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...uated/2406445/

Comment

another MUTT name dropping just to remain Relevant! sounds like an EUBANK move making other fighters do the same thing.. talk talk talk.... I just watched Liam smith fight vs Predrag and I hope the PPV circus is competitive! anyone here gives smith the slight chance of an upset?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        Am I the only one who saw Angulo's forehead swell up like a football???

June 10, 2013:

Angulo (22-3, 18 KOs) dropped Lara twice in the bout, but was down on two of the three official scorecards at the time of the stoppage – 1:50 of the 10th round.

The 30-year-old Mexican was taken to Harbor-UCLA Medical Center immediately after the fight on the advice of the ringside plastic surgeon and was discharged at 3 a.m. Pacific, Angulo's co-manager Michael Miller told USA TODAY Sports on Sunday.

Inexplicably, Angulo didn't receive an X-ray or an MRI at the hospital. It was ruled he didn't suffer any fractures or breaks.

Miller isn't satisfied and says Angulo will visit an ophthalmologist probably Monday.

"The plastic surgeon at ringside said he thought that not only was it broken, he thought it might be shattered in pieces," Miller said. "What happened to him at UCLA seems to be just a big waste of time. Nobody really checked him out.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...uated/2406445/
        the same article said it wasn't broken. Oh and that he didn't "quit" Mexican warrior doe.

Comment

Did you not see Angulo's head swell up like a football??? Kirkland was only "less dangerous" because Ann Wolfe wasn't training him. Kirkland and Angulo were more dangerous than Willie Nelson and Dario Pucheta. I like Andrade, but his first target should be Lara or Cotto.
          I don't mind Andrade going after everyone as he isn't getting in any younger and has missed out on almost two years due to, let's just say stupidity. Kirkland was less dangerous due to Anne Wolfe being gone, his horrible chin, and the fact that he hadn't fought in a year. Angulo's head didn't swell up on it's own, Lara was pasting his face and because of that he quit. I don't mind fighters saying they've had enough but look at the hate he got on this site alone by hispanics, but he a Mexican warrior doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            What did Angulo or Kirkland do to get a shot at Canelo? Nothing. Heck Kirkland hadn't fought in a year when he got the fight. And Angulo was coming off of getting stopped by Lara
            And what has Andrade did to get a shot at Canelo???? Lol! You talk about Kirkland not fighting. The article even SAYS Andrade was STRIPED for inactivity!!!! Read that slower next time! This dude fights once a YEAR! Between Rose and Vouchers is went OVER 16 MONTHS!!!

How the hell you gonna knock fighters but then turn around and be cool with the same BS???

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
              the same article said it wasn't broken. Oh and that he didn't "quit" Mexican warrior doe.
              It also said that they didn't do x-rays or MRI.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                I don't mind Andrade going after everyone as he isn't getting in any younger and has missed out on almost two years due to, let's just say stupidity. Kirkland was less dangerous due to Anne Wolfe being gone, his horrible chin, and the fact that he hadn't fought in a year. Angulo's head didn't swell up on it's own, Lara was pasting his face and because of that he quit. I don't mind fighters saying they've had enough but look at the hate he got on this site alone by hispanics, but he a Mexican warrior doe.
                Andrade is NOT going after everyone. He's said recently he would fight Lara "as the last resort." He said he would rather fight Culcay. That's not cool. Lara is top @ 154, so what's the problem? Again, I like the kid, but his statement regarding Lara is very suspect!

Comment

It also said that they didn't do x-rays or MRI.
                  What I get from the article is that one wasn't needed. Maybe I'm wrong but he quit and other fighters have continued with worse injuries ie. Margarito, Abraham, etc.

Comment

Andrade is a good fighter and has proven by beating Vanes better than Lara who had 2 fight with Vanes and beating up Nelson pretty bad who is a top ten guy.

Is Andrade not a top 154 pounder so by that measure e deserves to fight Canelo. Also Canelo is fighting the guy who picked up Andrade stripped belt and is universally considered the worse fighter, so if he wants to legitimize that title he should beat the guy that never really lost it in the ring.

Now Canelo could fight other guys instead of Andrade as there are guys at his level and that is an extremely tough fight for Canelo given Andrade's physical range advantages. SO not a fight I would expect or be mad if it didn't happen because Canelo can fight other guys for more money (or as much) who probably aren't any more challenging (or even less challenging).

Comment

Personally I'd love to see Canelo-Andrade, but like others doubt we'd see it anytime soon, if ever. I'm pretty high on Andrade talent wise, and think he'd give Canelo fits. However, there are plenty of other fish to fry at 154 (Charlos/Lara/Trout/JRock) so if not Canelo I would like to see him in with any of the top guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X