Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Kell Brook now an elite welterweight who can defeat the best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Kell Brook now an elite welterweight who can defeat the best?

It appears to me that Kell Brook has gradually improved into a bona fide elite welterweight.

I think he beats Amir Khan right now, but Khan will avoid him.

Brook is ready to take on the best in his division and would even have a good chance of beating aging elite boxers like Pacquiao and Mayweather.

Agree or disagree?

PAC/May are still too talented, even at this stage.

You could argue that him, Khan, & Thurman round out the Top Five. So yeah, they're elite WW's.

Marquez is retired & Bradley fights at 154 now.

Comment

The word elite gets thrown around too much these days.

But each to their own.

Comment

I think he has all the skills and size to be a major player at welter..

With manny and floyd getting up in age, Brook could be the heir apparent ...

I think with his size, jab, and decent power,, Brook is a tough out for anyone at welter...

I don't see many "name" welters looking to fight him, we have already seen Amir pass on a Brook fight.. I'm sure he won't be the only one

Comment

Mix it up with Thurman Bradley Maidana etc.

Enough of the Saldivas, Jo Jo Dan's Senchenko and other C class opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
            The word elite gets thrown around too much these days.

But each to their own.
            Co-sign!!!!

Only Elites in the WW division are fighting on May 2nd. All the rest are contenders, with some in the crowd trying to skate their way to the top.

Comment

Originally posted by PorterIsFuture View Post
              PAC/May are still too talented, even at this stage.

You could argue that him, Khan, & Thurman round out the Top Five. So yeah, they're elite WW's.

Marquez is retired & Bradley fights at 154 now.
              I think he can beat Khan and Thurman but would lose to Mayweather and Pac.

Comment

Idk but I favor him over a lot of ww's.

Comment

Has a great chance against anyone other than Pacquiao and Mayweather

Bradley-Brook would be intriguing

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    It appears to me that Kell Brook has gradually improved into a bona fide elite welterweight.

I think he beats Amir Khan right now, but Khan will avoid him.

Brook is ready to take on the best in his division and would even have a good chance of beating aging elite boxers like Pacquiao and Mayweather.

Agree or disagree?
                    Fighting the welterweight version of Salka he didn't impress me that much and his resume is not elite. He looks decent but who knows until he steps up and fights better opponents. His best win is Porter and imo Porter is not all that. I think he can beat Khan(by T/KO) but I can also see Khan out boxing him. I want to see the Brook vs Khan fight for sure. I'd like to see Brook fight Thurman, Bradley, Maidana, Khan, etc... but not Pacquiao or Mayweather who I believe beat him handily. Mayweather and Pacquiao are no Carson Jones lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X