Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How bad is weight differences on fight night compared to old-school era?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
    To be honest, Nelo was a TINY drained.. he looked alright but still. In his fights with Lara and Angulo he was like 171 and 174 for the Angulo fight when he didn't have to weigh in below the LMW limit like he did for Mayweather. In the Austin Trout fight he weighed in at 173 in the ring. So that is a 8-pound loss Canelo received due to the 152 CW. 8 pounds is a whole division these days.

Also LaMotta & Robinson likely gained no more than two(?) pounds since they weighed in on fight night morning in that era.
    I see why you didnt mention Nelo and I see your motive now lol Nelo was not drained stop lyin! He was big af, and outweighed Floyd by 15lbs, which was the point of this discussion right? Thats why you mentioned GGG since we know there is no way Floyd would fight him or win lol.

All of Floyd's opponents are young as hell and big af. Floyd was 37 btw! Nothing can discredit his past few fights no matter how hard you all try. He old and made them look foolish!

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
      Robinson is an ATG but is over rated and put on a pedestal because of the romancing literature put out by history buffs and the era he was in , if you analyze all his opponents he fought 90% bums , you could easily cut his career down to 30-40 fights that are on a par with todays top line fighters , if you push aside the hype and go and watch the actual footage , lots of the modern ATGs would give him hell .
      My goodness you are my hero! I have alwas HATED SRL and RR! When Floyd got into boxing everyone said he was the next SRL and projected everything SRL did, onto Floyd. SRL was cherrypicking and needed everything to be perfect. Floyd fighting these bigass young guys with zero hesitation making them look dumb af.

He dont have to cherrypick. SRL was retiring to duck Hagler. Floyd retired, came back and fought guys bigger and stronger than a prime Margarita!

I been waiting for someone to clown RR this dude is a BUM, and he sucked. Im not going to talk about Floyd.

Lets talk about Pac. He would beat the living shiat out of Ray Rob! Yea I said it. You are my hero for tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
        My goodness you are my hero! I have alwas HATED SRL and RR! When Floyd got into boxing everyone said he was the next SRL and projected everything SRL did, onto Floyd. SRL was cherrypicking and needed everything to be perfect. Floyd fighting these bigass young guys with zero hesitation making them look dumb af.

He dont have to cherrypick. SRL was retiring to duck Hagler. Floyd retired, came back and fought guys bigger and stronger than a prime Margarita!

I been waiting for someone to clown RR this dude is a BUM, and he sucked. Im not going to talk about Floyd.

Lets talk about Pac. He would beat the living shiat out of Ray Rob! Yea I said it. You are my hero for tonight!
        you and Reloaded are eye openers, thanks for this champ.

Comment

Working...
        X