Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be considered the A-side in negotiations between Cotto and Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We should wait to see the PPV numbers for Alvarez/Lara before anyone says for sure which is the bigger draw.

Comment

definitely cotto.

cotto is the world champion, ranked top ten p4p, veteran of the sport, beloved by all, charismatic, magnetic smile and personality, speaks english, intelligent person, bigger fanbase etc.

Comment

The champion.

Comment

Originally posted by UTEP View Post
          The champion.
          funny how that didnt work for martinez...

Comment

Cotto has generated most money and probably has more fans. So there.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
              definitely cotto.

cotto is the world champion, ranked top ten p4p, veteran of the sport, beloved by all, charismatic, magnetic smile and personality, speaks english, intelligent person, bigger fanbase etc.
              all that didnt count for the martinez fight...

Comment

canelo is the bigger draw, but cotto is the middleweight champion of the world. cotto can go elsewhere.

where else can canelo go? they won't do a floyd rematch. cotto - mayweather for the MW title is a more viable fight.

i think they'll take similar money. i think alvarez is the bigger draw, but the fact that cotto holds the MW title as a free agent, and has other options because of it, mean that he will have a fairly even split.

5-600 K buys. that is a lot of PPV buys.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                  funny how that didnt work for martinez...
                  Would Chris Algieri get more money than Canelo if they were going to fight?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    We should wait to see the PPV numbers for Alvarez/Lara before anyone says for sure which is the bigger draw.

i think that's fair.

i will say this:

mayweather - cotto did 95 million in revenue
                    mayweather - alvarez did 150 million

cotto - martinez, the middleweight champion of the world, did 350 K

alvarez - angulo, both coming off of losses, did 300K. angulo freaking quit in his last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      i think that's fair.

i will say this:

mayweather - cotto did 95 million in revenue
                      mayweather - alvarez did 150 million

cotto - martinez, the middleweight champion of the world, did 350 K

alvarez - angulo, both coming off of losses, did 300K. angulo freaking quit in his last fight.
                      canelo-angulo did well over 350k according to schaefer ...

Comment

Working...
                      X