Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victor Ortiz vs Andre Berto... fight of the decade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victor Ortiz vs Andre Berto... fight of the decade?

Recently watched Ortiz vs Berto again and what a fight... Decided to make a HL video. If you haven't seen this fight yet I highly recommend it. Enjoy!

Berto wins the rematch with his ******ed shoulder roll.

Comment

I remember watching this fight on the train to work and hadn't realised people were watching over my shoulder. Only noticed when they shouted as Ortiz knocked Berto down.

Really enjoyed the fight at the time but not sure if it would be fight of the decade. If either had gone on to better things this fight might have meant a lot more.

Sadly, Berto became the pre-requisite fight for a Mayweather match up and Ortiz... well... the less said about Ortiz the better.

Comment

Hell no.

It was a great fight for the first 6 rounds then Ortiz pretty much took over the fight after that.

Comment

I think it's the worst FOTY I've seen. Good first half but way too much hlding in the second. Acosta vs Rios or Popramook vs Yaegashi were better fights imo.

Comment

Originally posted by cleming View Post
            I think it's the worst FOTY I've seen. Good first half but way too much hlding in the second. Acosta vs Rios or Popramook vs Yaegashi were better fights imo.
            You can't watch the Round where Berto drops Ortiz, is on the verge of knocking him out, and gets dropped by Vic right before the ref steps in, and not get chills.

Manny Steward summed it up, "Oh My Gawd!"

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
              Berto wins the rematch with his ******ed shoulder roll.
              I honestly think that a rematch with Berto would be the only thing that would give Ortiz his heart back.

Comment

Great fight but not FOTD

Comment

Originally posted by MexicanMauler View Post
                  Recently watched Ortiz vs Berto again and what a fight... Decided to make a HL video. If you haven't seen this fight yet I highly recommend it. Enjoy!

This fight had it all to make it a classic. At the time people were talking about these fighters like they were way over the hill and out and was seen as a crossroad fight for both.
                  This fight showed what a motivated and focused Ortiz was capable of. Ortiz overcame adversity and took some serious punishment from a hard hitting Berto to win and prove alot of people wrong in that fight.
                  Props to Berto for not only finishing the fight but making it competitive after what looked to be a early blowout. They both left it in the ring that night. Berto never seemed the same after this fight.
                  Certainly a very memorable fight.

Comment

I don't even think it was the best fight that year. Always found it overrated, it had a great first half, but a one-sided second half.

Comment

Working...
                    X