Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alex Leapai vs. Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Leapai he has some decent pop and he could hurt Wlad but it's unlikely.

Look forward to seeing Joseph Parker, he's going to hurt some people in the near future, Wilder being one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
      He can extend his run, beat records. There are good and dangerous opponents for him out there. Wlad has plenty of fights that can enhance his resume further and cement his ATG status.
      There are?

I could've sworn that the one or two half decent guys that are worthy of even being top ten contenders are still untested, inexperienced, and haven't fought anyone worth their salt. Stiverne maybe?

Most top contenders today are only deserving of being resume building fodder for young guys coming up. It's atrocious that some of these guys are considered top contenders.

Either way, Leapai isn't the guy to do anything and he's one of the ones I'm talking about above.

Comment

I wish Vitali had been the younger of the two. While he had some awkward fights, they were always worth watching. With Wlad you just get the same thing over and over.

Some decent HW like Povetkin or Haye who could have been champion in the '80s or '90s climbs the ranks for a shot at Wlad, we delude ourselves into being excited, then they get jabbed in fetal position for an hour.

They're so good that really only the american wigg3r/black power crowd still dismisses them and winning their approval isn't much of a prize.

Just call it a career and retire. I want to see all the guys Vitali/Wlad beat fight each other for the belt.
        Last edited by Fr3$h; 04-06-2014, 10:59 AM.

Comment

don't know anything about Lepai, but been assuming for the last several yrs that no one at HW has any chance of beating Wlad

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
            I expect a clear KO by Wlad during the early to mid rounds. Anything else will be a bit of a let down.
            This^

But I will say this: You never know how faded a fighter has become until their next fight.

Wladimir will lose it one day, it's just a matter of time.

It's pretty impressive seeing as how Joe Louis, Holmes, Marciano and Ali were all well done by this age.

Wlad is very under-respected and under-appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
              I wish Vitali had been the younger of the two. While he had some awkward fights, they were always worth watching. With Wlad you just get the same thing over and over.

Some decent HW like Povetkin or Haye who could have been champion in the '80s or '90s climbs the ranks for a shot at Wlad, we delude ourselves into being excited, then they get jabbed in fetal position for an hour.

They're so good that really only the american wigg3r/black power crowd still dismisses them and winning their approval isn't much of a prize.

Just call it a career and retire. I want to see all the guys Vitali/Wlad beat fight each other for the belt.
              Is that a joke? I hope so. You should be banned otherwise.

Comment

Wlad is an ATG fighter and it is sad that there are no other ATG fighters or even future hall of famers for him to face. He can only face the fighters in his era

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                  There are?

I could've sworn that the one or two half decent guys that are worthy of even being top ten contenders are still untested, inexperienced, and haven't fought anyone worth their salt. Stiverne maybe?

Most top contenders today are only deserving of being resume building fodder for young guys coming up. It's atrocious that some of these guys are considered top contenders.

Either way, Leapai isn't the guy to do anything and he's one of the ones I'm talking about above.
                  As can be said with so many of the opponents that the champs of previous eras fought. Wlad's no different, no need to hate on him because of that. You're simply just grasping at straws, delusional hater. Get a life.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                    Is that a joke? I hope so. You should be banned otherwise.
                    What would the joke be? Do you hold champions like Buster Douglas and Tommy Morrison in such high regard that under no circumstances could you see a current HW beating them?

Lennox was on the Klitschkos' level, nobody else really. Take the 3 giants out of the equation and someone like Povetkin could reign.
                    Last edited by Fr3$h; 04-06-2014, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
                      What would the joke be? Do you hold champions like Buster Douglas and Tommy Morrison in such high regard that under no circumstances could you see a current HW beating them?

Lennox was on the Klitschkos' level, nobody else really. Take the 3 giants out of the equation and someone like Povetkin could reign.
                      this is 100 percent true,look at all the people who have held heavyweight titles in the 80's and 90's hell most name people do no even remember....

Comment

Working...
                      X