Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather CBS Special Draws 1.73 Million Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad it did the numbers it did. I imagine that it was interesting for the casual fan.

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
      I'm glad it did the numbers it did. I imagine that it was interesting for the casual fan.
      I enjoyed it. They focused a lot on Floyd's childhood and upbringing.

Comment

Uhh, these numbers are horrible for primtetime network tv....

Comment

Showing a sports documentary while other popular sports are being shown live on another channel is probably not the smartest thing to do.

Comment

Pretty good numbers considering its 8 pm eastern time on a Saturday when statistically people dont watch much TV during that time.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
              Wait is that supposed to be considered a success? 1.70 for a network that every person in the entire US has?
              look at the rank it got not the over all viewers. Most of the other shows on around that time pulled the same numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                Pretty good numbers considering its 8 pm eastern time on a Saturday when statistically people dont watch much TV during that time.
                Yeah pretty much. Timeslot makes a huge difference. Boxing needs to get away from Saturdays which they seem to be glued to.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  That number sucks as far as major network ratings go.

But as far as generating buzz for the fight, if generates another couple hundred thousand PPV buys it would be a success.
                  sucks compared to what? A broadcast of the super bowl? AN episode of NCIS?What the hell did you expect? The idea was to promote the fight and that is exactly what it did.

Comment

LL Cool J was way better than Common on all access, it was a good documentary

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
                      Uhh, these numbers are horrible for primtetime network tv....
                      You are right. If it was a television series, it would probably be cancelled. HOWEVER, IT WASN'T. It was a f.....king one time sports documentary. How many sports documentaries have you seen in prime time on network television? And how many of those documentaries drew a rating of 30? You should keep your mouth shut if you don"t know what the hell you are talking about.

Comment

Working...
                      X