Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Wlad break Joe Louis's 25 title defenses?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
    With all these bums in the heavyweight division i`ll be surprised if he don`t break louis`s record.If Joe Louis was fighting in this era and the Klitscho`s was`nt Joe Louis would have had three times the title defense and retired undefeated.
    Wlad's era is no worse than Louis' one, additionally Louis has more part-time fighters with bum records (e.g. 3-3, 29-10) or coming off a loss on his title defense resume so I doubt Louis would have done any better than Wlad.

Comment

Joe Louis had 25 consecutive defenses, he didn't get knocked a couple times in between.

And yes the challengers were better during Louis' reign. This is one of the weakest eras in history.

Comment

he'll need to turn 'bum of the year' into 'bum of the month'

Comment

Originally posted by RINGG View Post
          And yes the challengers were better during Louis' reign. This is one of the weakest eras in history.
          You seriously wanna tell me Tony Musto or Johnny Davis were better than Chagaev, Haye or Tony Thompson?

Comment

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
            Wlad's era is no worse than Louis' one, additionally Louis has more part-time fighters with bum records (e.g. 3-3, 29-10) or coming off a loss on his title defense resume so I doubt Louis would have done any better than Wlad.
            Just out of curiosity, who were these part time fighters?

Comment

You seriously wanna tell me Tony Musto or Johnny Davis were better than Chagaev, Haye or Tony Thompson?
              You're comparing the worst of Louis defences to the best of Wlads.

Braddock, Schmeling and Conn where better than Chagaev, Haye or Thompson.

Jersey Joe Walcott is better than anybody on Wlads resume too.

You can go on and on about how todays heavyweights are bigger and better h2h, but so what? resume and accomplishments is what counts. at that time those guys i mentioned sure as hell had alot better careers than anybody on klitskos resume.

in a 100 years people are gonna be saying TODAYS heavyweights where small and primitive. by the klitschko fans own logic their resume wont be worth **** in a 100 years. because unlike in louis case, the guys klitschko beat doesn't have HOF careers.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                Just out of curiosity, who were these part time fighters?
                Have a look at his record, just seeing a 3-3 guy fighting the world champion tells me enough about this so called "great era".

Comment

in any case even if wlad can physically continue for 10 years more. David Price is gonna end his career. He is basicly a bigger version of Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                    I can easily tell it's all double standards here. Joe Louis had a bum of the month club and that's greatness to these "Hardcore" fans. Wlad is whooping ass and it's weak to them. People need to get it in their head that he's just that damn good!!
                    6 fights in 6 months and 3 were against top 10 fighters. That is the "bum of the month club" of which you speak. Wlad has fought less than twice a year for his past 6 fights and just fought a bum. Sorry, but Joe's 3 top 10 fighters in 6 months is much more impressive than Wlad's 6 defenses in just over 3 years. So isn't his string of defenses over number one contenders considering how few Wlad has and that he"ll never fight the next best fighter in the division since his reign.

Comment

Have a look at his record, just seeing a 3-3 guy fighting the world champion tells me enough about this so called "great era".
                      Boxrec records are notoriously incomplete from earlier era's where records weren't as meticulously kept and in some cases lost. You can PM hhascup and ask him yourself as he is an editor there and one of their fact finders. So you really have no idea what you're talking about.

Comment

Working...
                      X