Collapse
No announcement yet.

Henderson vs Pettis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was an amazing fight. Pettis fights for keeps, no boring lay-and-pray or jab-and-run bullshit (funny that these are the respective styles of his next opponent Maynard or Edgar). Not to talk too much about that, but it's a funny comparison, since this fight was effectively the first half of a 4 man tournament between these fighters.

One of the most amazing things was the fight was actually really close at the time. The round was basically dead-even imo. Henderson was actually probably winning the first half of the round, but then Pettis started to poor it on coming down the stretch. Then, bam, drops Henderson with that kick to not only seal legendary gif status, but also to seal the win, the title, and the upcoming title fight in the UFC.

This is probably right up there with the greatest highlights in MMA (along with the Randleplex, the double-knockout, etc.).

Comment

I actually scored the fight a draw. But man, talk about awesome!

Comment

what a great fight,im still in awe after seeing that kick live.
        pettis keeps getting better and better,its crazy to see. can't wait to see him put to the test against ufc guys

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
          I actually scored the fight a draw. But man, talk about awesome!
          How did you have it a draw? 1 round even? Which round?

I personally thought Henderson won 1 and 4, Pettis 2, 3, and 5. If not for the way he finished round 5, I think it's highly likely the fight would've gone to Henderson.

Really though how did you figure a draw?

Comment

That kick was crazy......**** was straight out of a ninja movie.

Comment

Another talented and exciting fighter for Gray Maynard to lay on. I don't understand why the UFC doesn't change their rules so that exciting fights like this don't only happen when styles match up well. If the UFC adopted PRIDE FC's rules, it would be the most exciting thing in show business.

Edit: Ranted a bit, my bad. Pettis is the man! Hope he takes out Maynard or Edgar, whoever gets in his way. People like him are great for the business.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post

I personally thought Henderson won 1 and 4, Pettis 2, 3, and 5. If not for the way he finished round 5, I think it's highly likely the fight would've gone to Henderson.

I had it 10-9, 10-10, 9-10, 10-9, 9-10 if I remember correctly. or switch 3 and 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post

I agree that Henderson would have won if he would have finished strong.

Comment

Anyone got a DL link for the whole fight? I'll be your best friend...

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                      Anyone got a DL link for the whole fight? I'll be your best friend...
                      http://www.fileserve.com/file/Ju78NSP/aaf-wec53.avi

Better hurry may be gone soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X