No announcement yet.

Rating the british heavyweights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
    I remembered Whyte on my way downstairs, another good addition. Hughie hasn't really beaten anyone of note, I'd like to see him fight Sexton at some point this year.
    Yeah, it's a shame what happened to him.

In all honesty, I think the same can be said for Joshua. I think Hughie's potential and current ability puts him ahead of both Price and Joshua.

He's extremely talented imo.

Comment

Fury
      Chisora
      Price
      Joshua
      Hughie Fury

I don't think it will be to long before Joshua is up there..i'd give him a few more fights first. If Haye comes back..he jumps to the top of the list easily IMO.

Comment

If Haye returns, he jumps to the top of the list.

I rank Chisora ahead of Fury, simply because of his opposition in recent years. He's been in with some top heavies and been reasonably competitive. We are yet to see Tyson Fury against a motivated, genuine HW contender/champ.

Comment

Hughie
          Chisora
          Tyson
          Joshua

I haven't included Haye and Price because they're uncommitted and over rated,and in Price's case have mental breakdowns within the ring and give up,well in Haye's case that's true as well,citing sore small toes,in Price's case when he is faced with a pillow fisted opponent who doesn't fall over from the first punch he receives.

Comment

I don't think Joshua will make it past euro level unless he tightens his defence up we'll have to wait and see

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              1. Tyson Fury

He's not pretty, but he gets the job done..... so far.

Poor conditioning, unfocused mentality and a dodgy chin means he will only go so far

2. Dereck Chisora

A solid gatekeeper to true world level, Chisora may even pick up a strap if he gets lucky, but he's no great

3. Anthony Joshua

Too bulky, stiff, probably got a glass chin, he doesn't hit hard enough for his style, the poor mans deontay
              Good assessment.

Comment

Working...
              X