Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy's COO: Lara Gave Paul Williams a Pizza Face!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golden Boy's COO: Lara Gave Paul Williams a Pizza Face!

ATLANTIC CITY -- At the Boardwalk Hall on Saturday night, three time former world champion Paul Williams faced unbeaten Cuban southpaw Erislandy Lara, a 28-year-old rising junior middleweight. Although the judges cards read that Williams was the winner, clearly, the blood dripping from his nose and the cuts around both eyes did not.

[Click Here To Read More]

I would expect more outrage from Golden Boy than that. smh

Comment

Wow GBP should do more than just talking. They were the one's behind getting Hopkins that Pascal rematch. Why not do the same for Lara?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Wow GBP should do more than just talking. They were the one's behind getting Hopkins that Pascal rematch. Why not do the same for Lara?
        Isn't Hopkins a part owner of GBP? Thats probably why. LOL, Lara/Williams makes Hopkins/Pascal I look like chump change in the rob category. I mean Hopkins/Pascal I was competitive, this fight was not. Williams showed heart but seriously that doesn't earn a win.

What about the opponent who worked hard to get this win only to be shatted on by an L next to his name when it should be a W.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          I would expect more outrage from Golden Boy than that. smh
          Looks like GBP is gonna let this get swept under the rug. I don't think they wanna mess with Haymon fighters for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
            Isn't Hopkins a part owner of GBP? Thats probably why.
            Oscar De La Hoya is one of the most powerful men in boxing currently. The least he can do is get Lara a rematch. I'm sure the most he can do, with all his power, is overturn the decision to W for Lara.

BTW I think Richie Rich made all of the moves to get Hopkins that rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Looks like GBP is gonna let this get swept under the rug. I don't think they wanna mess with Haymon fighters for whatever reason.
              They own some rights to some of Haymons fighters, thats probably why. They own rights to Mayweather Jr., Berto, and probably more.

Comment

Can anyone summary what happen in this fight? Williams lost but got the decision? Was it a really bad one etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Can anyone summary what happen in this fight? Williams lost but got the decision? Was it a really bad one etc?
                  Williams took a far worse beating in this fight than any other fight he has ever fought. Lara won more rounds against Williams than Quintana did.

I had the quintana win over Williams like 8-4, this fight I had it like 10-2, but I guess I can see scorecards like 9-3 like Kellerman and Jones Jr. had. Either way it was a robbery and Williams was outboxed.

Dan Rafael is reporting that Williams is like depressed drinking soda by himself or some crap. Hope Williams is alright mentally, he did take alot of flush shots to the head.

Comment

Really? Lara definetly won that fight but let's not talk about what Paul looked like when Lara had a giant tumor on his head. Looked pretty close to this:

Comment

Working...
                    X