Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Chillemba fight change your opinion of Kovalev-Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Chillemba fight change your opinion of Kovalev-Ward?

Did the Chillemba fight change your guys opinions on the Kov-Ward showdown?
    Still picking Kovalev to win
    46.43%
    Picked Kovalev but now I think Ward wins
    17.86%
    I've always picked Ward to win
    35.71%

Used to pick Kovalev to win by decision but after this fight I don't see how Ward doesn't jab and time him to death. Chillemba was hitting him at will with the jab ffs.

Wtf happened to Kovalev in this fight? Looked like a different man in there. John David Jackson better fix those flaws or he has no chance vs Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayemaker! View Post
      Chillemba is no bum, he was well ranked at 175 and was robbed in the last Bellew fight. Kovalev still whooped him even though he probably overlooked his opponent to a degree.

If Ward doesn't stop Brand, it will be a total failure.

Comment

Nope.

Ward was not " brave ", when he went after Kovalev.

Ward was smart, analytical, confident..... he knows the game inside out.

Everyone will see.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          Chillemba is no bum, he was well ranked at 175 and was robbed in the last Bellew fight. Kovalev still whooped him even though he probably overlooked his opponent to a degree.

If Ward doesn't stop Brand, it will be a total failure.

Neither is Ward.

Kovalev/JDJ have lots to work on, and not much time to do it.

Comment

Honestly..not really. Ward didn't look top notch vs Barrera but was still able to get he job done. I think Chilemba is s very good light heavyweight at the moment and would probably give WARD A COMPETITIVE FIGHT AS WELL. Not to mention the fact that Kovalev nearly stopped him twice, where he was literally seconds away.

I also think Kovalev took Chilema lightly.

Comment

Chilemba like many none american fighters was vastly underrated by the couch fans, casual fans and this forum.

I see Ward vs Kovalev, if Ward doesn't pull out to be very tactical and a close fight, probably even controversial.

I see either a late knockout win for Kovalev or a very close decision for either Ward or Kovalev, hell it might end in a Draw.

Comment

I am not as sure as I was before he fought Chillemba but I still think his jab and his power combined with his skill and intelligence is probably enough to beat Ward.

Comment

Weeeell. I wasn't sure before, and I still ain't, but I think and in form Ward defangs the Kovalev we saw last night. Chilemba was a tricky opponent but it goes to show just how much difference fractionally off timing and range -finding can make. Not saying it'd be easy for Ward but I think he would do it. Also I think that perhaps Kovalev needs to bring back a bit more of the seek-and-destroy temperament that got him to the top in the first place, I don't think he can outbox Dre at the tempo of Wards choosing and so he'll need to force the pace a bit to see if he can take Ward out of his comfort zone and capitalise on any mistakes.

Comment

Working...
                  X