Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PAC loss to BRADLEY: Would Legacy be Tarnished??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    But particularly for PAC. Its not a coincidence that only poac was able to stop hatton so early. I mean if out of shape hatton stepped in the ring today with anyone nobody is stopping him in 2 rounds. Floyd would not stop hatton even right now in 2 rounds.

So people were always trying to deny PAC. But lucky for PAC we are not fooled easily
    He might be able to stop him in 2 rounds, but Floyd protects his "0" so Hatton might go the distance waiting in the middle of the ring.
    Last edited by Zaroku; 01-09-2016, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      PAC is top 20 to top 10 depending on who u talk to right now. Jmm and gfloyd loss don't effect PACs standing. Loss to jmm gave people the ammunition to suggest PAC is overrated, but he came back well from that loss, to suggest reversing the idea that he was overestimated would be sensible thing to do!

If he were to lose to Bradley again people would claim PAC was overrated. But then again there are enough people who remember what PAC was and assume PAC just lost the desire to fight and was more politician right now because anyone knows peak PAC only loses to Bradley in your dreams
      But PAC is taking a risk. Bradley is a very good fighter and if you give very goog fighter 3 chances to beat you, they might get lucky*cough cough jmm*
      This might help with the cough!! Just call JMM lucky!!

Only about 6 min long.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2OXYhyyAIMc

Comment

Nah, Manny is just another case like Klitschko, a fighter who stuck around longer than he should have done eventually losing to a guy he would have mopped 2-3 year earlier. Everyone knows who the better fighter is Bradley is younger and fresher, and on an upwards curve, Manny is on a fall and I expect hasn't the desire like he hadn't versus Floyd.

Comment

His legacy is cemented as an ATG, but it wouldn't look good...

Comment

It wouldn't tarnish it too much but it would tarnish it a small amount for me. Pacquiao is 36 and well past prime and he already beat Bradley easily twice when he was younger on my score card. Joe Louis got KOed by Marciano and Ali got KOed by Holmes. They were no older than Pacquiao is now and it didn't tarnish their legacy. If a KO loss didn't tarnish their legacies why should Pacquiao losing by KO at the same age tarnish his legacy?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
              His legacy is cemented as an ATG, but it wouldn't look good...
              Agreed. ATG but it won't look good.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                It wouldn't tarnish it too much but it would tarnish it a small amount for me. Pacquiao is 36 and well past prime and he already beat Bradley easily twice when he was younger on my score card. Joe Louis got KOed by Marciano and Ali got KOed by Holmes. They were no older than Pacquiao is now and it didn't tarnish their legacy. If a KO loss didn't tarnish their legacies why should Pacquiao losing by KO at the same age tarnish his legacy?
                I guess it is hard to forget one's glory days. Some fight for Glory, others Paydays. Louis had to keep fighting to pay tax bills. That is a shame.

I don't want to see PAC go that route. I don't want to see any boxer go out like that.

Comment

It wouldn't tarnish his career, but the record will show Bradley got the better of him twice, regardless of how you feel about the first fight. It does much more for Bradley, being the man who put Pacquiao HOF career to rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                    I guess it is hard to forget one's glory days. Some fight for Glory, others Paydays. Louis had to keep fighting to pay tax bills. That is a shame.

I don't want to see PAC go that route. I don't want to see any boxer go out like that.
                    Very true, but sadly i do see that happening. I do hope he can finds success in politics but even if he does retire after Bradley I see him coming back in a few years for the $.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                      I am curious to know how boxing fans and historian's would look at PAC's Legacy? Any Guesses?

After all, PAC's KO loss to Marquez was very significant.
                      PAC's decision loss to Floyd in the biggest fight our era is significant.

How would a KO victory for Bradley look on his resume?

I don't expect it to happen, but this is boxing!

If Bradlley were to clearly beat PAC, how would that impact his legacy???
                      It was tarnished by the Marquez knock out loss than faking a shoulder surgery. No one fights one year after a shoulder surgery sorry I'm not buying the Rotator cuff tear and training and fighting this soon after a surgery

Comment

Working...
                      X