No announcement yet.

boxing tecniques in street fights.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boxing tecniques in street fights.

Are lot of the defensive manoevoures in boxing not practical in real self defence or street fights?

YOu know when you hold your left arm up to your head in an orthodox stance to defend against a right hook to the head. If you took those punches without a boxing glove on the fist would smash your arm to pieces wouldnt it and be painful? Its all well and good when the punch hits the back of your glove though.

Its better to slip and duck isnt it?

Most of the time the average 1-1-2 will stave off any attackers. Most street fighters are not equipped to deal with any real straight punches.

Comment

And yeah, most guys on the street don't know how to throw a proper hook. You can see it coming from a miles away. Neatly side step and then go to work.

Comment

The wild hooks that people throw at you in street fights (usually) shouldn't be hitting you anyway. A quick side step followed by a couple of straights down the centre will be more than the average guy on the street will be used to and he will be put on his arse.

Don't worry about your arms getting damaged, he's more likely to injure his hands and wrists with wild swings. If you can block his punches with your elbows then you are likely to break his hand.

Comment

i guess if the guy could punch that hard. but most street fights are all arm punches.that wouldnt hurt a well sparred fighter anyway. most fighters are made of glass they dont shatter?

Comment

I'd still put my left hand up to my head cuz beleive it or not gettin your fist hit by a haymaker doesnt hurt as much as gettin hit in THE TEMPLE

Always keep your hands up cuz bareknuckle haymakers to the dome aint gonna tickle

The chicken wing defence is really good, jus gotta keep it tight when you use it, and the jab and move away from their strong hand and dont get HIT

Comment

wots the chicken wig defense??
              is it like that joe frazier/ azumah nelson blocking sorta style

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Horton View Post
                Most of the time the average 1-1-2 will stave off any attackers. Most street fighters are not equipped to deal with any real straight punches.
                I guess you mean 1-1-2 is a jab, jab, cross. So if i get into a street fight i will use my jab, jab, cross?

Replies appreciated. I will continue to practice raising my left hand to protect my head with the confidence it works.

Comment

In a street fight the boxing technques that will be useful are the movement, high hands, and tight, clean punching. Most guys in streetfights throw very wide. All you have to do is stand with them and throw straight down the pipe and they will get busted up.

If they are way bigger, you need to move. throw a few, then get out and repeat. Look to come underneath to the solar plexus and liver too, also the nose.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    I guess you mean 1-1-2 is a jab, jab, cross. So if i get into a street fight i will use my jab, jab, cross?

Replies appreciated. I will continue to practice raising my left hand to protect my head with the confidence it works.
                    loool why would 1-1-2 some1? what the **** is wrong with you? are you Man at all?? freakin fight any way you can, and YES always hold your hands up. i havent questions like these even wen i was 12. just fight if you have to. otherwise you will ask dumb questions like this 1 and keep practicing.. just like you said and finally in real fight you'll get confused or little bit nervous and can get knocked out.

dont think about fight, always Hit first

Comment

Working...
                    X