No announcement yet.

Roberto Duran's Chin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roberto Duran's Chin

lol how would someone not fall down from that punch? I don't care how good someones chin is, thats was on the button.

I haven't seen many Duran fights besides this one and the Leonard/Hearns/Hagler one. What are some of his best fights I should search for?
    Last edited by shermand; 09-12-2009, 05:49 AM.

Originally posted by shermand View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32NwiJ1ISE0

lol how would someone not fall down from that punch? I don't care how good someones chin is, thats was on the button.

I haven't seen many Duran fights besides this one and the Leonard/Hearns/Hagler one. What are some of his best fights I should search for?
    Duran-Barkley is a classic. Duran is a 38 year old middleweight here, going toe to toe with the 6''1 powerhouse Iran Barkley for the WBC middleweight title. Great, great fight. It's on youtube.

The fights against Esteban De Jesus at 135 are all pretty good. I think they are on youtube also.

And if you want to see Duran deal a classic ass whooping, watch the Duran- Davey Moore fight.

Duran-Buchanan is a good fight too, Duran is really a mauling, grinding beast here.

Comment

duran did not have a good chin,he had the ability to roll with the punch,any time a fighter hit him with a right or left hook he was able to roll out of it,when he got hit by hearns right he went down like a tree because a straight right is hard to roll,

Comment

Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
        duran did not have a good chin,he had the ability to roll with the punch,any time a fighter hit him with a right or left hook he was able to roll out of it,when he got hit by hearns right he went down like a tree because a straight right is hard to roll,
        Duran took bombs from Jorge Castro flush at 46 years of age.

He went down from the Hearns right because he was already out of it (probably since the first round) and never saw the punch coming.

Comment

Duran had a bad chin and he rolled with that Barkley punch did he?
          Thanks professor learnt something new again!

Comment

Always like to provoke ?

Duran had all, Chin, Defence and in his Prime and his natural weightclass, very good reflexes and anticipation.

And the Hearns Fight was just a good beating for Duran and he deserved it. He needed to know, that he can fall, like he did in that fight. But I am 100% sure, a good prepared Duran can go 12 Rounds with a Hearns and maybe win, but just with a A-game performance, and not as a Juniolmiddleweight. Otherwise Tommy, who was trapped in the body of a Welter but had the power of a good Lightheavy or Cruiser, wins 9 of 10 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Kut View Post
              Always like to provoke ?

Duran had all, Chin, Defence and in his Prime and his natural weightclass, very good reflexes and anticipation.

And the Hearns Fight was just a good beating for Duran and he deserved it. He needed to know, that he can fall, like he did in that fight. But I am 100% sure, a good prepared Duran can go 12 Rounds with a Hearns and maybe win, but just with a A-game performance, and not as a Juniolmiddleweight. Otherwise Tommy, who was trapped in the body of a Welter but had the power of a good Lightheavy or Cruiser, wins 9 of 10 fights.
              I heard that Duran was over 200lbs when he signed for the Hearns fight, not so easy to sweat off huge chunks of weight in your 30's.
              Shame because prime for prime that would have been an interesting fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
                I heard that Duran was over 200lbs when he signed for the Hearns fight, not so easy to sweat off huge chunks of weight in your 30's.
                Shame because prime for prime that would have been an interesting fight.
                was he also not 240lbs after beating Sugar Ray the 1st time, hence the reason Ray pushed for an immediate rematch when he heard of Duran's weight gain?

Comment

Hearns shattered that.

Comment

LOL at Duran fans excuses. Do you have an excuses for all of his losses.

Comment

Working...
                    X