No announcement yet.

Need help Cutting weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help Cutting weight

I am trying to cut about 15 lbs in a month, without sacrificing strength. I an 250, and have some fat, so I can lose it, with no real problem. I am just worried about the time frame.

Any help would be appreciated.

I would stick to a high protein low carb diet, drink tons of water and do at least 45mins a day of intense cardio till 1 week before the event. This will keep you hydrated and also get you in great shape.

You should be within 5 lbs easily if you do it that way and 5 lbs of water comes off easily if you have been hydrating the whole time.

Throw on a sauna suit and go for a run the day before the event and cut the water if need be. But i bet if you stick withthe diet and exercise you will make weight easily.

Comment

egg whites

Comment

i dont know if i would cut out carbs if your cutting weight coz you're gonna need that energy for training and whatever the competition is your up against. i would agree to go with a low-carb diet, but not so low that you drain your energy. protien is good to replenish your muscles from intense workouts. cardio cardio cardio. cant stress that enough.

you should be intaking about 2000-2200 calories a day, and trying to keep your carbs and protien at a steady level (ie. protien intake: 200 g; carb intake: 200g). You'll notice that almost everything you eat has almost double the carbs than what the protien amount will be. i think thats what wondermut means by a low-carb diet, coz you're cutting out the majority that you always get, but you dont want to rule them out due to lack of energy. aslo watch out for fatty foods in general. read the labels on everything you eat, dont be shy.

i suggest eating tuna (w/o mayo), b/s chiken, and like mut said, lots of water for hydration.

Comment

thanks guys!! I appreciate the input. I will be competing at Smackdown in H-Town on the 17th of April. If you are in the area, come by and say Hi!

Comment

most definately. and H-Town is where.......... ?

Comment

Houston, it is actually in kingsville, which is just on the north side of houston.

Comment

Working...
              X