No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev Rejects Talk That Golovkin Dropped Him in Camp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shrap View Post
    I don't know if you have any self awareness at all but you do know nobody here takes you seriously right?
    It's the internet, nobody should take anyone serious.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam182 View Post
      oh ****, here we go. the GGG **** boys are doing to use this against ward once he wins. ward will beat crusher easily and ggg fan boys will say "but GGG ko'd him in sparring doe"
      You are such a depressed little Mexican

Comment

Originally posted by Mirus View Post
        LMAO! Jacobs is the best in the MW division after GGG.
        yes..and he is a cherry picking B level fighter imo...

wat is to laugh at?? are you going to contest just bc he is a top 3 mw that he is on the level of an andre ward???

a ranking does not making fighter...his skillset does...and if u tell me that in any weight class someone of jacobs skillset is number 3 i'd bet that either the division is pretty bad (and mw is imo..lot of even fighters that dont stand out)..or either the best fighters do not get fights out of fear from other opponents so they dont have chanc to have ranked wins yet..hence they ar ranked lower or not ranked at all

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
          Well, GGG is a slow head hunter and Jacobs a puncher.

Quite reductive....
          well it's boxing scene thread not a breakdown video; which for better purposes of other ppl I have put together on both.

those are babystep assessments, but very true as sanchez has had to tell ggg in ALL of his fights that went longer in rounds to start going to the body and calm down...

i will not explain on jacobs..his horrid selection of opponents and ducking of ggg for years now should tell u all u need to know...he doesnt even believe in himself

Comment

i always had suspicions with this rumour. Fans of both fighters, GGG more so, but i find it hard to believe that GGG would have the better of him in sparring. Would think kovalev would be way too big for GGG

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
              I don't generalize you because I don't know who you are.

Jacobs is a top 3 MW whether you like it or not, and GGG fighting him isn't a 'cherry pick'.

If you don't think much of Golovkin as a fighter that's fine. Just stop spewing bullshit.
              i called jacobs a cherrypicker...mora twice..i didnt not say ggg was cherry picking him

so u're comment is 100% off base..but i do thank you for not b1tching like some of these guys about me have my own assessment of ggg.

Comment

Anyone who knows anything about boxing knows that sparring is sparring and a knockdown in sparring means nothing. It's not a story. Probably Ward's people putting it out there.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  he did admit it, and so did his trainer. he was out of shape and had just started camp, or at least one of his first sparring days, and golovkin put him down with a body shot.
                  I was not aware he admitted to it elsewhere but I read the comment from Kathy Duva too that Kovalev was a lot greener at the time and Golovkin was already a champion. Makes more sense, then. Sergey and Gennady are good friends too.

Comment

Sparring doesn't mean anything......for many reasons

Some people spar to stay sharp, try different moves, and some to win at sparring. Your better fighters spar to improve skill not just win a sparring session. A fighter may fight south paw a lot in sparring even though they typically fight orthodox. They could be out of shape and helping someone in top shape about to fight in a month. Fighters are looking for different things when you spar. Now if both in top shape and both fighting soon then you can gauge a little more however even then they are preparing for a specific style vs the guy they may be sparring. Plus you might have ran 8 miles before sparring or swam laps.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                      If he beat Kovalev up before, he can do it again. Except this time its for real, not practice.....................

This is why fighters often have no patience with ignorant fans!
                      What happened years ago with a young pro in with a more experienced pro means NOTHING. One might be in shape the other getting into condition.
                      A well placed shot can hurt an out of shape body, big deal!
                      I had young middleweights sparring the Light Heavyweight Champion of the World and they looked great with a Champ getting into shape, it means nothing!

Grow up fans, Ali always looked terrible in spar sessions. He always used them for conditioning and defense. He rarely opened up on offense in the sessions.

Ray
                      No its about holding team GGG accountable.

If Kovalev was out of shape then Sanchez should be said that and not brought it up a million times.

Were all those cruiserweight and heavyweights out of shape when golovkin beat them up?

You GGG fans spout this schit continuously and use sparring sessions as a trinket under GGG s belt.

God forbid fans ask golovkin to do in the ring what he supposedly has been doing in sparring, his cucks start getting scared and shooting down the idea

Comment

Working...
                      X