Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Cotto live up to the proud Puerto Rican tradition tomorrow night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
    Wraps looking kinda funny in the light. How come Tito didnt have the same kind of power post Hopkins?
    Who has KOed Hopkins. Ridiculous statement

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
      Who has KOed Hopkins. Ridiculous statement
      Let's see... after B-hop

Retirement

then
      KOed Cherifi at MW
      KOed Mayorga at MW

Loss UD with Winky at MW
      Loss UD with RJJ at Super MW

Comment

Originally posted by Puya View Post
        Let's see... after B-hop

Retirement

then
        KOed Cherifi at MW
        KOed Mayorga at MW

Loss UD with Winky at MW
        He went up in weight. A 147 fighter that lost a MW

Comment

Originally posted by FBLM View Post
          in big fights puerto ricos lost more to mexico than the other way around so I say if cotto falls tomorrow it is kinda to be expected.
          Finally a grownup with a respectable post.

Me.. I'm rooting for Cotto win, loose or draw

Comment

When did Tito first start to get the Puerto Rican people behind him? Was it when Yori Boy Campas dropped him on his ass and he low-blowed Campas 5 or 6 times so he could recover?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              All my money is on Canelo, I would seriously be shocked if cotto wins.
              Really? You realize Canelo beings none of the pressure that Margarito does, right?

This is one of those fights where it's easy to pick the underdog. Straight boxing match, Cotto, all day.

Comment

Let's see... after B-hop

Retirement

then
                KOed Cherifi at MW
                KOed Mayorga at MW

Loss UD with Winky at MW
                Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                He went up in weight. A 147 fighter that lost a MW
                I meant to correct this guy below

Originally Posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
                Wraps looking kinda funny in the light. How come Tito didnt have the same kind of power post Hopkins?

Comment

Originally posted by FBLM View Post
                  in big fights puerto ricos lost more to mexico than the other way around so I say if cotto falls tomorrow it is kinda to be expected.

In world title fights between the two, Puerto Rico holds the edge over Mexico, 55-47. But hey.... don't shoot the messenger. Not bad for an island of 3.5 million people.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinidad_Fan View Post
                    In world title fights between the two, Puerto Rico holds the edge over Mexico, 55-47. But hey.... don't shoot the messenger. Not bad for an island of 3.5 million people.

Mexico has 122.3 million people.

Dang

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
                      Hopkins said, "If you put on tape, then gauze, then tape, then gauze, it's like a [plaster] cast. It's like being hit with a baseball bat. I'm giving out some secrets here, but you can dip your hands in ice water and that tape will, like, marinate and become harder. But it's only cheating if you get caught. Personally, I think Vargas' and Reid's people dropped the ball. Naazim did a brilliant job in spotting what [Felix Trinidad Sr.] was doing with the wraps."
                      Let's see... after B-hop

Retirement

then
                      KOed Cherifi at MW
                      KOed Mayorga at MW

Loss UD with Winky at MW
                      Don Felix was asked, "Do you think that the Hopkins camp did it (made them rewrap Tito's hand) to get to you psychologically?" and he answered, "Well, it got to us a little because, since I couldn’t place the tape that I usually place on Tito’s hand...I had to add some more gauze...This tends to take away some of the power in the punch."

"I have always wrapped Tito's hands this way and nobody else has ever said anything."

You may think, "Oh Well," it's over. He wrapped the hands illegally, he got caught and was made to rewrap legally - no harm - no foul.
                      Not exactly.
                      First of all, Don Felix insists that he is going to continue to wrap Tito's hands the way he has always wrapped them - which is of course, illegally. In the same interview quoted above, Don Felix is asked straight out, "Will you be wrapping Tito’s hands differently for this upcoming fight with Cherifi?" and to my absolute amazement his answer was, "No, we’ll be doing it the same way we’ve always done it because I believe that we wouldn’t have the same problems we had for the last fight. That controversy was really done to fill our heads with too many things at the same time. It was like a type of terrorism in a time when terrorism was in the United States. It was boxing terrorism."
                      Boxing terrorism lol

First, he admits that the New York Commission wouldn't allow him to wrap the hands like he ALWAYS DOES There can only be one reason for him not being allowed to wrap the hands that way - it was illegal. Therefore, if that is how he ALWAYS wrapped Tito's hands in the past, the assumption that he always wrapped illegally is not far-fetched.
                      That last part. "If Margarito was trying to cheat vs Mosley then he definitely cheated vs Cotto lol

Comment

Working...
                      X