No announcement yet.

oscar to save boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
    You have no idea what you are talking about and you contradicted yourself big time.

Someone pull the plug on this thread.

So are you saying the owner of Golden boy, Oscar Dela Hoya does not know what he is talking about because I am basically just repeating what he has said himself. now get off my thread you can.

Comment

If boxing is to become all it can be, the best needs to fight the best, only then will casual people stay up all night just to watch 30 minuts or less of fighting.

Boxing can be such a aniticlimax for many people, as soon as somone breaks through, the start boxing ones a year against handpicked apponents
      That is the sure fire way of turning fans away.

But this last year as been much better, and Oscar has a great deal to do with it

I respect what he is doing

Comment

I can't stand MMA fagboys that don't know shit about boxing infiltrating the forums with stupid threads like this.

I would rather read Stax On Deck threads for the rest of the year.

Comment

"We all know that boxing has been on a decline since the tyson era and only mayweather is really keeping it alive, mainly because the casuals want to see him get ko'd because of his arrogance."

This is the dumb part. The other part doesnt make this part true.

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
            If boxing is to become all it can be, the best needs to fight the best, only then will casual people stay up all night just to watch 30 minuts or less of fighting.

Boxing can be such a aniticlimax for many people, as soon as somone breaks through, the start boxing ones a year against handpicked apponents
            That is the sure fire way of turning fans away.

But this last year as been much better, and Oscar has a great deal to do with it

I respect what he is doing

This^^ Golden boy will start to change all this hand picked fights once a year crap when they start to monopolise the sport. It needs to happen, give the fans what they want, more quality fights.

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
              I can't stand MMA fagboys that don't know shit about boxing infiltrating the forums with stupid threads like this.

I would rather read Stax On Deck threads for the rest of the year.

It's got nothing to do with mma fanboys you clown, it is about boxing getting more success from the ufc model of one promotion having all the best fighters signed under it so the fighters have no excuse not to fight the best.

Comment

Originally posted by cromwel1 View Post
                It's got nothing to do with mma fanboys you clown, it is about boxing getting more success from the ufc model of one promotion having all the best fighters signed under it so the fighters have no excuse not to fight the best.
                You think this is "the ufc model?"...jeez way to lift your skirt and show how little you know about the history of boxing.

go look at a don king card from the 80s...the UFC didnt invent the best fighting the best, kid.

Comment

Not co-promoting doesn't save ****, and i'm so sick of this boxing needs saving/is dying narrative. F-off out of here casual fan. You don't know shi1t.

Comment

I like GBP but they aren't saving boxing. People box from kids to amateurs and always will. There are endless competitions to big fights World wide.

Boxing may not big big in the US as it once was, but it's big in the World. Look at the viewing figures World wide and then compare that to the UFC. How many shows does boxing do every week end and see what the UFC does. Boxing has more!

We need promoters from Bob, Frank Warren, Eddie Hearn, Gary Shaw, Dou Bella, Sauderland, Goosen etc... all these promoters big or small invest as much as they rip fighters off. Without them, these fighters would earn minimum wage.

A one tier system is very bad for boxing and fighters. It may seem pretty at the UFC but having one organisation dominating is bad for fighters. Wages are lower but also they are forced to stay on good terms and have not many real options to leave.

Comment

boxing isn't declining, it's just fine
                      dumbasses think the world revolves around the HW title
                      people aren't excited by the Klits, so boxing is "dead/dying/declining"
                      bullshit, the sport is ok and it's not going anywhere
                      soon Pac and Floyd will be gone and we'll get more sport than business
                      boxing hardly wilted after Tyson fell apart

Comment

Working...
                      X