Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got hit with a nasty virus...can anyone help?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer.
    Click the Start button Picture of Start button, click the arrow next to the Lock button Picture of Lock button, and then click Restart.

Do one of the following:

If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you will need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.

If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start in safe mode, and then press F8.

On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the safe mode option you want, and then press ENTER.

Log on to your computer with a user account that has administrator rights.

When your computer is in safe mode, you'll see the words Safe Mode in the corners of the display. To exit safe mode, restart your computer and let Windows start

Comment

Originally posted by FirePunch View Post
      Sometimes viruses are so bad it wont even akllow you to system restore .

I recommend safe mode
      yeah do system restore in safe mode

Comment

Stop being Oscar De La Hoya's illegitimate son. . God doesn't like illegitimate kids.

Comment

Most anti viruses are complete garbage,i have had some success with avg but it also messes up a lot of sht so i rarely have it active,Ccleaner is the most important program i have ever dl you can clear you cookies it also has a registry cleaner and the combo keeps my comp top notch,also dl add block plus for Chrome or firefox.

Comment

IE?

and it's pretty easy to get rid of that virus

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
              Most anti viruses are complete garbage,i have had some success with avg but it also messes up a lot of sht so i rarely have it active,Ccleaner is the most important program i have ever dl you can clear you cookies it also has a registry cleaner and the combo keeps my comp top notch,also dl add block plus for Chrome or firefox.
              "SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition" is a good one too...it helped me remove a virus when all the other ones (avg, spybot, etc.) failed.

Comment

Originally posted by El.Naranjito707 View Post
                Was saving boxing pics on my laptop and IE ended up closing and would not re-open. I also could not re-open firefox, spybot search and destroy and my anti-virus was messing up for a few min.'s. I turned off the internet connection and started running a virus scan. There was an icon on the desktop that was a shortcut that said Internet Security when I tried right clicking on it it wouldnt let me do anything on the desktop. After a while i tried right clicking on it again and it said shortcut is for a unknown destination in the system or something like that like the file was deleted. IE started working again as well as spybot. Please help.
                If you open task manager do you have a bunch of "iexplore.exe" open?

Comment

:
                  Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                  Ccleaner is good if this happens agian and you have a extra laptop layin around go ahead download your choice of browser i use chrome,,then get a usb and drag the browser into the usb,,, turn on your laptop said it turned on but no I/E,,, then it will overdrive your old I/E then put in your choice of browser after that your good to go,, i recommend Cclearner and i got microsoft security essientials keep ym laptop top notch

Comment

tdskiller is great

Comment

Get a Mac.

Comment

Working...
                      X