Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I went to my fiancee's grandmothers wake and funeral and I'm shocked.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] I went to my fiancee's grandmothers wake and funeral and I'm shocked.

In Haitian culture wakes and funerals are very dramatic. People crying, screaming, falling, and passing out. At my fiancee grandmothers funeral everyone was cool and calm and crying in a very calm matter. I was totally shocked by this.

Different cultures.

Comment

Trigger you come off ignorant with this kind of stuff; your shocked that other people don't act like your family at a funeral?

Comment

Wakes are more to celebrate the life of the person I think. Not much time to dwell in sorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
          Trigger you come off ignorant with this kind of stuff; your shocked that other people don't act like your family at a funeral?
          Sorry I didn't mean to ome off as ignorant. In my whole life i've never been to a wake where people were so calm. I'm sorry if anyone is offended.

Comment

I've only been to haitian funerals until now.

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
              Just as my impression with his post. Family's reaction in wake has nothing to do with culture, it all depends on how emotionally open they are.

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
                Just as my impression with his post. Family's reaction in wake has nothing to do with culture, it all depends on how emotionally open they are.
                I see what you're saying, but different cultures do funerals and wakes differently. Generally Irish wakes are seen as a way to celebrate someones life. Of course, what you said is true. And when it's an older person or someone who say had cancer and everyone knew it was coming, is different than a child dying.

Comment

How is it different Dog? Not everyone that gets cancer, dies, so to say they saw it coming? C'mon.

Comment

Was it anything like that movie "Death at a funeral"?

Comment

Working...
                    X