No announcement yet.

Long Distance Relationships?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by winky's right View Post
    Her ethnicity is the same as the current Indo president. Her family are strict (but not extreme) Muslims. She doesn't wear hijab, but if her dad found out I've been sleeping with her for over a year, he'd probably hire hitman to get me (serious ). I've met her mum and she's keen on me though.
    Is a bit tricky with the javanese specially if he important man like you said, they really valued people/society opinions especially if he come from the blue blood, but you say her mother already keen on you that's really good sign.
    but maybe you must be ready to convert to islam if you wanna seal the deal. i see a lot of this happens in Foreigner-indo marriage.

Comment

On the plus side, if you go to live in Indonesia you will have the pleasure of feeling like Nikolai Valuev every day.

I've tried long distance twice, both times it failed. First time was with a lady who'd recently broke off an engagement. She turned out to be too unstable for long distance. Second time was with an imature biatch who turned out to be an attention seeking hoe who was messing around with several different men at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
        Is a bit tricky with the javanese specially if he important man like you said, they really valued people/society opinions especially if he come from the blue blood, but you say her mother already keen on you that's really good sign.
        but maybe you must be ready to convert to islam if you wanna seal the deal. i see a lot of this happens in Foreigner-indo marriage.
        He actually came from working class family. But I get the feeling he wants her to marry a cop (he's a police general himself), because she once told me a story when she was single, he used to introduce her to lots of Indonesian cops. Furthermore, when she told him about me, he said he wanted her to marry a cop . But anyway, my girlfriend says she'll be able to change his mind with time. And yeah, she said if I get married to her, I gotta become a Muslim. Even though I'm an atheist, I'd probably convert if that's the only way of sealing the deal.

Originally posted by Willl View Post
        On the plus side, if you go to live in Indonesia you will have the pleasure of feeling like Nikolai Valuev every day.

I've tried long distance twice, both times it failed. First time was with a lady who'd recently broke off an engagement. She turned out to be too unstable for long distance. Second time was with an imature biatch who turned out to be an attention seeking hoe who was messing around with several different men at the same time.
        Do you think they failed because of the LDRs, or because of the women you were in relationships with?

Comment

As long as you're okay with other dudes putting their sausage in her, you're okay.

Hang out with your boys more often with your free time and pick up a hobby. Life goes on, with or without that person.

Comment

Do you think they failed because of the LDRs, or because of the women you were in relationships with?
            A combination of the two. The first one, I am still in daily contact with her, still attracted to one another but it just didn't work out because of the distance. Second one was an attention seeking hoe who was able to behave in that manner because it was easier to hide with me not around.

Comment

He actually came from working class family. But I get the feeling he wants her to marry a cop (he's a police general himself), because she once told me a story when she was single, he used to introduce her to lots of Indonesian cops. Furthermore, when she told him about me, he said he wanted her to marry a cop . But anyway, my girlfriend says she'll be able to change his mind with time. And yeah, she said if I get married to her, I gotta become a Muslim. Even though I'm an atheist, I'd probably convert if that's the only way of sealing the deal.
              i see this a lot in here. a lot of general/high ranking officer have in-law who also in the army/police, it's just their thing.

about the conversion thing just say the word, never ever confess you're an atheist to indo's older generation. is really the worse thing in their eyes even worse than a jew, that's why i'm still in the closet(maybe forever )

Comment

Sexting is not as good as boning. Hopefully you were phenominal in bed while you were together, otherwise she's probably gonna find a new weener.

Comment

I've tried it a couple of times and it didn't work out, but I think it was a case of being too young to commit to something like that really. I think it all comes down to the people involved, and how much they want to make it work.

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                  You need a concrete plan for the future with a specific date you will be and stay together.

Too long apart and it will go to hell fast.

If you're not going to marry her, don't waste your time.

The weirdest part for me is you live part of your life as kind of a fantasy because ur not seeing the intricate day to day stuff, and then when your together all the time it is quite an adjustment.

You get so used to the fantastic, explosive short times together, but when your suddenly with them long term, the excitement isn't there as much.
                  Couldn't agree more.

Me and my girlfriend broke up recently, and it was actually when we were seeing each other more that it happened. We got together when we were at uni, me in Bristol and her in Southampton (England). It was fine while there was a bit of distance between us and we had those great weekends and all that.

But when we went home and were around each other more... something changed and it just wasn't the same.

Comment

they don't work in my experience. i was with a girl for eight months in person, had an amazing time, but then she had to move abroad for combined family and work reasons and things fell apart within two months after that. i went to see her one last time and it was great but we decided it was not worth continuing a long distance affair when we couldn't realistically make plans to be together in person again for at least six months. you just can't express yourself the same over whatsapp and skype as you can in person; all the magic fades away.

Comment

Unfortunately it always seems to be the best girls that you end up in long distance relationships with...and it's tough...I think trust is the most important thing, and feeling as if both of you feel the same way.

I was in one LDR where the girl just basically could not commit to anything, did not show in any way that she was as serious and it drifted apart.

Another one, and actually partly the one I mentioned, was to do with jealousy. My God I am really a jealous ****...I mean this **** is a serious problem...one girl I was sort of in a LDR with, I went to visit her city (that's when I am in our country, not even that now) 400km away from where I live, we had a great time overall...got intimate...but at one point we were walking and I was saying something about a city where she formerly worked and when she mentioned her MALE BOSS telling her about some info or some ****, I literally got so pissed I just walked for around 30mins without speaking...I just couldn't force a word out.

And just recently, we were texting...she said sorry for a late reply, that she was helping her friend with translating some text...helping HIM, and basically I dunno what happened but something died in me and I literally ended the relationship then and there by going cold, not replying...giving one word replies etc...and she said to me:

"Honestly, I can't understand you - if again you've been offended by something or misunderstood something, then i'm really sorry. If you always end speaking terms with people like this, then this is just a shock for me. I won't write anymore, although I was genuinely interested in how you were...but if it's like this, then it's not worth it. All the best."

For LDR, if you don't have that trust and mutual strength in feelings, things like social media are a killer, for me anyway. If I see a girl i'm involved with like a guy's photos...or even pics on a guy's profile...or reply to compliments on her own photos, or speak to other guys, I lose it. And this isn't even a joke, I know I need to sort this **** out!

But to be honest...I'm relaxed now...LDR for me just causes stress, I've had enough for now.

Sorry bro, had to vent a little there haha.

In your case, if the feelings are strong...you trust her, feel as if she's worth waiting for...keep it going. But while trying to not drift apart, don't cling on too heavily and too often either. Both should focus on their lives, but obviously make time together...see where it heads.

Comment

Working...
                      X