Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikkel Kessler wants to fight Carl Froch for a third time - in London or Copenhagen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikkel Kessler wants to fight Carl Froch for a third time - in London or Copenhagen

Mikkel Kessler wants a third showdown with Carl Froch.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/tv-s...-or-copenhagen

The Dane admits that a decider is the one fight he craves, just over three months since he was out-pointed by the Cobra at the O2 Arena.

That defeat left the record all square at 1-1 between the two super-middleweight stars and Kessler says it would be impossible to turn down a third bout.

"But now I have to be honest; I have to take a vacation and think about things. But you always have to I think and it's intelligent to be a little more wiser!

"Some other fighters take one or two fights too many. I have been fighting for so many years, and if I take a lot of beatings in my career it's not good for my health - and that's number one.

"I would go back to London," he said.
    Last edited by Kris Silver; 08-29-2013, 03:01 PM. Reason: server errors with too much text

[continued because I keep getting blasted server errors from this site.....]

"I don't care. Maybe not a neutral place because people wouldn't recognise us or know about boxing - and people would have to travel. So I think we have to do it in London or in Copenhagen.

"We know Froch and Kessler III would sell."
    Last edited by Kris Silver; 08-29-2013, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Don't think anyone would have the appetite for a 3rd fight.

Well I wouldn't anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by trfcdan86 View Post

Well I wouldn't anyway.
        I would beacuse it seems like Kessler beat Froch as bad in the first fight as Froch beat Kessler in the 2nd.

One win each in one anothers hometowns. Do it in Vegas!!!!!!! JK

Comment

Well I wouldn't anyway.
          A third fight would do better both at the gate and at the boxoffice.

Comment

Well I wouldn't anyway.
            Really? I think this is modern history in the making. I love these trilogies.

Kessler-Froch III - Bring it on!

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Really? I think this is modern history in the making. I love these trilogies.

Kessler-Froch III - Bring it on!
              i dont think they (kessler in particular) are good enough for this to go down in history. its a couple of good scraps between titleholders, no more no less.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                i dont think they (kessler in particular) are good enough for this to go down in history. its a couple of good scraps between titleholders, no more no less.
                Gotta ask if thats just the Ward fan in you?

If the third fight was action packed then it'll go down in history... Gatti and Ward weren't epic fighters but their trilogy is one of the best.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                  History isn't necessarily determined by the class of fighters, rather the fights itself. Think Ward-Gatti.

Froch-Kessler's fights aren't as brutal as them, but they are far more superior fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
                    Gotta ask if thats just the Ward fan in you?

If the third fight was action packed then it'll go down in history... Gatti and Ward weren't epic fighters but their trilogy is one of the best.
                    He says he is fan of Mikkel Kessler. True story.

Weren't you at the O2 BTW? I bet that you'd watch a rubber match in London. Hell I wouldn't rule out that you'd go to Copenhagen.

Comment

Working...
                    X