Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr (130-135lbs) vs Adrien Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have a very similar style. But in reality, there is no comparison.

Floyd is a ATG imo.

Broner is a skillful, powerful fighter on his way up. At this moment, he looks quite beatable to me.

Comment

I think 135lb Floyd has too much of everything for Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
        broner now is more explosive than floyd ever was...
        Originally posted by The Noose View Post
        They have a very similar style. But in reality, there is no comparison.

Floyd is a ATG imo.

Broner is a skillful, powerful fighter on his way up. At this moment, he looks quite beatable to me.
        Broner does look like he could get beat by one of the guys at 140!

Comment

I could see Broner getting mollywhopped by a big puncher. He's not hard to hit. Comes in with a size advantage most of the and doesn't even use his legs as much as this iteration of Mayweather. Fighters become more flat footed and patient usually with age so considering he doesn't even move that much right now I can't wait to see how his style favors in 6 or 7 years when he is not gonna have a size and power advantage over natural WWs. I just don't see Broner as the type to give people boxing lessons at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
            I could see Broner getting mollywhopped by a big puncher. He's not hard to hit. Comes in with a size advantage most of the and doesn't even use his legs as much as this iteration of Mayweather. Fighters become more flat footed and patient usually with age so considering he doesn't even move that much right now I can't wait to see how his style favors in 6 or 7 years when he is not gonna have a size and power advantage over natural WWs. I just don't see Broner as the type to give people boxing lessons at all.
            Let's hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
              broner now is more explosive than floyd ever was...
              Your oppinion means about as much as what I just flushed...

Comment

Originally posted by B-Bomber View Post
                In my opinion they fight nothing alike.

They both use the shoulder-roll,but that's about it.

Floyd at 130-135 was by far the more well rounded of the two, he could move, give angles, box, stay in the pocket. He had speed, stamina, technique, reflexes. A complete fighter with decent power.

Broner doesn't box as much or as well as Floyd, doesn't move as much. He has good hand speed, good technique and better power than Floyd. While Floyd's trademark punch is his straight right, Broner seems to love his uppercut.

I like Broner, but I don't see him being a counter puncher and defensive wizard. His defense is solid, but nothing like Floyd, he also likes to go toe to toe and walk his opponents down, something I don't remember Floyd doing often.

As somebody said in an old thread, if one really wants to find resemblances, Broner fights more like an old Floyd at 154 (Vs Cotto, for instance).

I agree with this last part, that describes it perfectly. That is a lot of why there are so many comparisons because Broner fights like Floyd fights NOW. Its as if broner watches a lot of current mayweather and emulates that, but he doesnt really fight at all like a young mobile mayweather who used more movement.

Comment

Floyd by wide UD(119-109, 120-108) probably worse with a few knockdowns. Or he wins by TKO. Either way Broner gets murked.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

watch floyd at 130 and 135 and watch Broner. floyd was on some next ****.

Broner is just a good LW. People think being arrogant and confident means hes destined for greatness like Ali or even Floyd.

Camacho talked a lot of **** too for example, so did zab...they both lost. Broner isn't on the level of Mayweather, never was and never will be.

Comment

Working...
                    X