Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire: If No Challenges at 122, I'll Move Up To 126

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rigondeux might be a good challenge. Guillermo is high on the list for the hardcore fans yet highly opposite for the mainstream. If Donaire gives Rigondeux a shot just like he did with Mathebula then props to him.

At this stage, Donaire is a boxer visible among the casual fans so good matchmaking is required for the long run. Donaire-Rigondeux might be great on paper yet doesn't seem to excite the casual mainstream fans.

Besides, i predict the fight, if ever it gets done, would be a snorefest. Rigondeux with his expansive experience in the amateur division would be reluctant to let his hands go. Eventually ending up with Donaire being the aggressor while Rigon content with being the tentative fighter. In the end, it would come to a decision that would favor Donaire because of activity..zzzz...

In all, Donaire just like the others before him will never leave the land of hatedom. Because there will always be a fighter out of obscurity that is better than him.

Comment

idk man but if you ask me even i wouldnt be motivated to watch rigo. but you guys are right, mares moreno or rigo at least hopefully just any one of them first before '26.

Comment

Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
        No need to worry mang, Rigo will face someone with and elite status and if he pulls thru he can be a dog Donaire will beat.

Mares is taylor made for Donaire

Donaire just beat the best, destroyed him to be straight about it.

Don't you want to see Rigo in with an elite ?
        Rigo, being the smaller man, would still give him a fight. Rigo's talent is undeniable, I'd say the best in the division. Mares, I agree is a lesser threat...but Nonito acting like he is already done with the division.
        Last edited by p4p-champ; 10-15-2012, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Yeah no challenges at all. No Mares, Moreno or Rigondeaux. Yep no challenges, at all. He's going to move up to 126 and fight a big challenge at 126 with the likes of Arce. Then he'll say that John is the best at 126 completely ignoring the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by titan_1987 View Post
            Rigondeux might be a good challenge. Guillermo is high on the list for the hardcore fans yet highly opposite for the mainstream. If Donaire gives Rigondeux a shot just like he did with Mathebula then props to him.

At this stage, Donaire is a boxer visible among the casual fans so good matchmaking is required for the long run. Donaire-Rigondeux might be great on paper yet doesn't seem to excite the casual mainstream fans.

Besides, i predict the fight, if ever it gets done, would be a snorefest. Rigondeux with his expansive experience in the amateur division would be reluctant to let his hands go. Eventually ending up with Donaire being the aggressor while Rigon content with being the tentative fighter. In the end, it would come to a decision that would favor Donaire because of activity..zzzz...

In all, Donaire just like the others before him will never leave the land of hatedom. Because there will always be a fighter out of obscurity that is better than him.
            Are you dense? Tell me of a casual fan who knew Mathebula and Narvaez Let's hope Nonito is motivated to fight anyone else besides Arce at 126.

Comment

He wants a straight forward fighter that he can KO easy. He wants a guy like Arce because it will work on his favor. He wants to build a fan base by beating guys with names. What he said about Rigo not being a challenge is another lame excuse. Skill wise Rigo is the best by far in that weight class and if Donaire cant see a challenge, he is delusional or straight ducking.

Comment

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
                Is someone missing ?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Nishioka was not the best.
                  Your right Donaire is the best

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
                    Are you dense? Tell me of a casual fan who knew Mathebula and Narvaez Let's hope Nonito is motivated to fight anyone else besides Arce at 126.
                    No. I'm not dense. Nishioka, Vasquez Jr., Montiel, Darchinyan and Sidorenko were legit comps and recognizable and yes, Mathebula and Narvaez might have been cans but do you expect Donaire to fight the likes of the later for the rest of his entire career?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      He has to fight the Mares/Moreno winner. He has to. If he doesn't, it will really lessen my opinion of him. And if not that, at least fight either Rigo or Santa Cruz.
                      I'm more than sure Donaire won't have a problem or deny facing anyone at 122lbs, but as sad as it sounds it's not up to him, but it's up to his SENILE SCUMBAG promoter Arum & Moreno, Mares & Santa Cruz are all promoted by "Golden Boy" & more than likely as GREEDY as Arum is, he won't want to negotiate a fight of that magnitude, especialy with "Golden Boy"!!The only other fighter that will draw some interest that's promoted by Arum is Rigondeaux & most likely Arum will try to talk Donaire into going up & keep Rigondeaux at 122lbs..

Comment

Working...
                      X