No announcement yet.

Could Peterson be Khans best option??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
    I dont think peterson is the safer fight at all. yea prescott hits harder, but he is extremely limited in everything else. if khan can put his macho attitude aside, he can walk through prescott quite easily I think. Peterson has khans number, and considering their previous match, as well as his match with swifty, petersons chances are even better. If I were khan I would fight prescott, maybe a matthew hatton like the other guy said, and then go for a rematch with danny down the road (if danny keeps getting bigger), then see where he's at.

with all this, I think he needs to immediately leave roach and head over to a more qualified trainer. khan undoubtedly has skills. he needs a true boxing guy to enhance his potential. roach is not the guy. steward is his best bet I think. maybe even robert garcia, or floyd sr. who knows...
    I disagree. Prescott is longer & does possess a laser jab. Khan can't fight tall with him & Prescott has a better inside game than him. Prescott beats Khan every time, which is probably why they'll never fight again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      I disagree. Prescott is longer & does possess a laser jab. Khan can't fight tall with him & Prescott has a better inside game than him. Prescott beats Khan every time, which is probably why they'll never fight again.
      I dono man, I have not really seen prescott all that much to critique him, but the fights I have seen, I see khan beating him if he fights the way he is supposed to. Fast and box

Comment

I dono man, I have not really seen prescott all that much to critique him, but the fights I have seen, I see khan beating him if he fights the way he is supposed to. Fast and box
        Khan has no range advantage whatsoever. If he tries to stay on the outside, he'll get jabbed to death...................wait, Khan does have a midrange advantage, but he'll have to get inside of Prescott's jab & long right hand, ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          Khan has no range advantage whatsoever. If he tries to stay on the outside, he'll get jabbed to death...................wait, Khan does have a midrange advantage, but he'll have to get inside of Prescott's jab & long right hand, ouch.
          maybe you're right i dono. I jus dont see prescott beating a determined and focused khan. prescott is still limited. I just dont see this spectacular jab you are talking about. and khan is way faster

Comment

Lets face it i think Garcia rematch is next, money wins and Garcia will fancy his chances again, easy payday

For Khan it is not worth the risk, but knowing him, he'll let his ego and common sense get in the way.

Garcia rematch is good and bad for Khan, even if he loses which most of us expect, he can still comeback, but if he loses to anyone else in his next fight, then people will write him off totally..

Khan is indeed in a tricky situation, Garcia holds his key, if he did win then his career wud be back on track

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              You're wrong, Khan is the draw. He can fight almost anyone.

It's all about what's best for his career.

Imo he should fight Matthew Hatton then move on to avenging his defeats.
              Matthew Hatton is everyone's tune-up fight lol. If Khan has any dignity, he would fight someone who's worth a damn. Hatton is taking a step backwards. If he's looking for a opponent who lacks power, fight Paulie.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                You're wrong, Khan is the draw. He can fight almost anyone.

It's all about what's best for his career.

Imo he should fight Matthew Hatton then move on to avenging his defeats.
                Khan is not a draw in the US,I think last Sat proved that..A fight with Hatton is a step backward imo...I thought his goal was to be great(this is what he said)great fighters take great fights..Hatton is not a great fight..

Comment

I dont think peterson is the safer fight at all. yea prescott hits harder, but he is extremely limited in everything else. if khan can put his macho attitude aside, he can walk through prescott quite easily I think. Peterson has khans number, and considering their previous match, as well as his match with swifty, petersons chances are even better. If I were khan I would fight prescott, maybe a matthew hatton like the other guy said, and then go for a rematch with danny down the road (if danny keeps getting bigger), then see where he's at.

with all this, I think he needs to immediately leave roach and head over to a more qualified trainer. khan undoubtedly has skills. he needs a true boxing guy to enhance his potential. roach is not the guy. steward is his best bet I think. maybe even robert garcia, or floyd sr. who knows...
                  I don't agree..Peterson won that fight because the ref took those two(I know Khan deserved them but in the 12 rd the ref does it)points from Khan..If not for that Khan wins that fight..Khan also took those punches well and was not brutally knockout by Peterson..He fights Prescott those demons might come back and he might end up kissing the canvas again..Prescott to me is not a smart move,neither is Hatton tbh..If he stays at 140lb he needs to rematch either Garcia or Peterson..If he moves up he needs to fight Brook(in the UK would be great)Alexander or The Ghost...Smartest fights for him,stay away from Punchers as long as possible...

Comment

Bump thread..

Comment

Bump thread....

Comment

Working...
                      X