Could Care Less

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Care Less

Help!

I've been living Stateside for 16 years now but one thing I do not understand is when people say "I could care less".

Don't they meant couldn't care less? Stating that you could care less just doesn't make any sense.

But, I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer so maybe I am missing something.

Anyone? Thanks.

Yeah it's just the American way of saying "I couldn't care less". Makes no sense whatsoever

Comment

If you think about it it could make sense. "For example I don't care but if you continue going about it I could care even less" or "I could care less than I do now"

But if it's an issue effecting our two countries ties, in the name of diplomacy I would talk to all the other yanks and ask them to stop.
      Last edited by TBear; 06-13-2012, 05:18 AM.

Comment

this seems to get on a lot of nerves but it doesnt bother me. If its said instead of written down on a message board u barely notice.

Aloominum on the other hand ****s me of

Aluminium, Al Um In Ium

And Tomayto. Another one

Comment

most of the time, it's just dumb yanks that say it wrong

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
            Aloominum on the other hand ****s me of
            Thanks.

The different spelling do not bother me. They're usually just practical (we don't really need the U's). But the could care less is daft.

"I could care less if you buy a purple t-shirt"

So you do care? Or not? You care a little but you could care less? You're about 4/10 on the Care factor?

I have not worked it out after all these years.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
              Help!

I've been living Stateside for 16 years now but one thing I do not understand is when people say "I could care less".

Don't they meant couldn't care less? Stating that you could care less just doesn't make any sense.

But, I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer so maybe I am missing something.

Anyone? Thanks.
              "I couldnt care less"

can you explain a situation where you could use that?

like im just guessing but like say one of your friends starts talking about some video game, would you respond to this with "I Couldnt care less" as to imply that you dont care at all?

but wouldnt just responding imply that you care atleast a very very very tiny bit?

now lets say you accept that responding implies you care atleast a little little little tiny bit but you want to tell your friend that your life would go on just the same reguardless of this tiny tiny tiny bit of caring you expresed by listening and then responding?

would you say, "i dont care at all"/"I coudlnt careless"? or would you say "I could care less?"

sooo in summation,

people who say "i Could Care less" dont mean i dont care at all, they mean "thanks for wasting my time, but my life will go on all the same even if i never herd what you had to say"

in a sense making a it a straw man falacy, where essentailly person A says "thanks for wasting my time, but my life will go on all the same even if i never herd what you had to say" and person B says, that dosnt mean you dont care at all, really you should be saying "I COuldnt care less", even though i dotn care at all isnt what the person is trying to say.
              Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 06-13-2012, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Bothers me when people write,

there going to the store

There bringing there girlfriend.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                  If you think about it it could make sense. "For example I don't care but if you continue going about it I could care even less" or "I could care less than I do now"

But if it's an issue effecting our two countries ties, in the name of diplomacy I would talk to all the other yanks and ask them to stop.
                  No, it doesn't make any sense at all. Don't try to make shit up to justify this stupid saying. It makes no sense in the context that it is used in.

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                  "I couldnt care less"

can you explain a situation where you could use that?

like im just guessing but like say one of your friends starts talking about some video game, would you respond to this with "I Couldnt care less" as to imply that you dont care at all?

but wouldnt just responding imply that you care atleast a very very very tiny bit?

now lets say you accept that responding implies you care atleast a little little little tiny bit but you want to tell your friend that your life would go on just the same reguardless of this tiny tiny tiny bit of caring you expresed by listening and then responding?

would you say, "i dont care at all"/"I coudlnt careless"? or would you say "I could care less?"

sooo in summation,

people who say "i Could Care less" dont mean i dont care at all, they mean "thanks for wasting my time, but my life will go on all the same even if i never herd what you had to say"

in a sense making a it a straw man falacy, where essentailly person A says "thanks for wasting my time, but my life will go on all the same even if i never herd what you had to say" and person B says, that dosnt mean you dont care at all, really you should be saying "I COuldnt care less", even though i dotn care at all isnt what the person is trying to say.
                  Just stop... You're just making shit up here. I can't tell if you're just trolling most of the time or you really believe the crap that you post.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                    Just stop... You're just making shit up here. I can't tell if you're just trolling most of the time or you really believe the crap that you post.
                    hey its not my fault if you want to go on using straw man agruments like telling people who meant to say I could care less, implying that you just wasted 5 mins of my time and my life would go on all the same regardless, really meant to say something as dull and worthless as I dont care at all.

if you understand the inherient ness of a bias person also being biased, you should understand the inherient caring in saying "I could/couldnt care less" thus you should understand that anything that would imply I dont care at all would be a complete contradiction of reality and ones actions.

saying I coudlnt care less in response to something in an effort to imply that you dont care at all would be like answering yes when some one asks you if you're dead.

Comment

Working...
                    X