Prime Hopkins beats Prime Toney easily

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Hopkins beats Prime Toney easily

Key to the fight is footwork.

Both have/had great defence but Hopkins has Toney's kryptonite.

I agree on Hopkins footwork being one of the key reasons he would beat Toney.

It wouldn't be easy for Hopkins though.

Comment

Good fight. Footwork is key, you nailed it.

Comment

i'm not entirely sure about that...prime Toney was a bad MFR

Comment

hmm.. could be, but toney was a great infighter, i dont know too much about hopkins, but i dont think if he is able to handle the inside pressure of hopkins.

*EDIT* i think my comment is pretty worthless.. sorry.. gotta get more educated too

Comment

I really wish this fight would have happened. Hopkins by UD

Comment

Yeah, B-Hops best bet is use his feet and give James angles. Anyone who comes straight at a prime James Toney gets his ass whooped badly.

Comment

Hopkins would have UDèd him imo. Like you said movement and footwork bothers Toney.

Comment

Mchael Nunn had footwork equal to Hopkins and look how good it did him.

Comment

Toney by ud, if he could cope with Nunn footwork then he could cope with Hopkins. It is true that Toney had problems with guys who use a lot of movement the reggie Johnson fight proved that. But on the flip side Hopkins struggled with guys who had fast hands, the Jones, Taylor fights prove that.

This fight almost happened at mw, Hopkins was Toneys mandatory when Toney moved up to smw. It almost happened in 2003 but Hopkins pulled out.

Comment

Working...
                    X