GYM asks WBC to set up purse bid for Stevenson - Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    Lots of laughs? And then Kovalev-Bika

not gonna lie, i probably would have a long hearty laugh if Bika pulled the upset

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Assuming Stevenson beats Bika, lets hope they fight. WOnt the exclusive network deals be a problem?
      I would assume the network would be decided depending on who wins the purse bid.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        not gonna lie, i probably would have a long hearty laugh if Bika pulled the upset
        No one should be faulted for that, the memes and gifs would be pretty damn funny also. I don't know if it would be Bronner level but I think it would get damn close.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
          I would assume the network would be decided depending on who wins the purse bid.
          would this be a 75/25 split or 50/50?

If Haymon/Warriors bid $3.1 mil for dirrell/Degale, how high will he go here?

Comment

I'm wondering this too. If haymon won the bid would he get to choose the network?

Comment

HBO would have to co-sign it because Kovalev is signed to an exclusive deal with them.

Comment

i guess they gained some confidence after seeing pascal land clean a few times. unfortunately for them kovalev will approach this one much differently and make easy work of adonis

Comment

Kathy Duva is broke, she isn't winning any sort of purse bid.

Will HBO let Kovalev fight on PBC?

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
                    Main Events needs to get on the phone with that extremely wealthy Russian Promoter to make a deal and bid for them because otherwise they will not outbid Haymon.
                    If Haymon doesn't win the purse bid the fight wont happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                      Kathy Duva is broke, she isn't winning any sort of purse bid.

Will HBO let Kovalev fight on PBC?
                      I'm pretty sure the fight is PPV on HBO so Haymon might let it go where it makes more money. I think Pascal-Kovalev was PPV. Kovalev puts up 1 million+ viewers, Stevenson did 292k on Showtime.

The fight is going to be in Montreal where Stevenson is from and where it sells tickets, are they going to put a Montreal card on US network TV? doesn't make much financial sense.
                      Last edited by Weebler I; 03-16-2015, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X